Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
LucasHall
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

I'm developing an 800V motor controller using the IM828-XCC IPM. I have observed three different slew rates at the output (U/V/W) of the IPM. The attached image shows the sharp transition (green), slow transition (blue) and piecewise transition (red) that are typical of what we have been observing. The transition type changes, it is not always the same on one phase output. Our input PWM signals have consistently fast transitions. Is there an explanation for this behaviour?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Santhoshkumar
10 likes received 100 replies posted 50 solutions authored

Dear @LucasHall,
Greetings from Infineon,

According to the currents level, dv/dt varies. The lower the current, the faster dv/dt. Based on this information, we can know using example as picture below.

Santhoshkumar_0-1711959764641.png

In this picture, each current for 3 phase is different according to their time periods. this means that dv/dt can be different with each other according to the time periods.

I hope this helps,
Kindly let us know if you have any further queries.

Best regards,
Santhosh Kumar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Santhoshkumar

Dear @LucasHall ,
Greetings from Infineon technologies,
Thanks for posting your query in Infineon Community.

In order to investigate further can you please share your phase current waveforms.

Best regards,
Santhosh Kumar

0 Likes
Santhoshkumar

Dear @LucasHall,
Greetings from Infineon,

According to the currents level, dv/dt varies. The lower the current, the faster dv/dt. Based on this information, we can know using example as picture below.

Santhoshkumar_0-1711959764641.png

In this picture, each current for 3 phase is different according to their time periods. this means that dv/dt can be different with each other according to the time periods.

I hope this helps,
Kindly let us know if you have any further queries.

Best regards,
Santhosh Kumar

0 Likes