Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DBG21
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi guys, I would like to know if Infineon has a type of power converter that could convert wall power into high frequency, high power 3 phase AC power to generate a magnetic field in a DIY linear induction motor

0 Likes
1 Solution
AZIZ_HASSAN
50 likes received 5 likes given 250 sign-ins

Hello,

Sorry for late reply. I have searched for multiple options and we have IPM which would have been used as power converter for your application but we do not have such high current output rating.

Another solution is by using our power modules, which comes with integrated 3 phase rectifier, brake chopper and 3 phase inverter. It is a good one for you as per your need of power converter.

Here is the part no. FP30R06KE3 and its data sheet is attached below.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-FP30R06KE3-DS-v02_00-en_de.pdf?fileId=db3a304412b407950112b43...

Thanks and regards,

AZIZ

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
AZIZ_HASSAN

Hello,

May I know what is wall power and what is the  3 phase power level you are looking for?

Thanks and regards,

AZIZ

0 Likes

Hello AZIZ, 

Thank you for your reply. Currently the lab has max 24V DC power and 220V 50Hz 3phase AC power. I would like to convert either power sources into at least 10A, 1000Hz, 3phase AC output.

0 Likes
AZIZ_HASSAN

Hello,

Sorry for late reply. I have searched for multiple options and we have IPM which would have been used as power converter for your application but we do not have such high current output rating.

Another solution is by using our power modules, which comes with integrated 3 phase rectifier, brake chopper and 3 phase inverter. It is a good one for you as per your need of power converter.

Here is the part no. FP30R06KE3 and its data sheet is attached below.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-FP30R06KE3-DS-v02_00-en_de.pdf?fileId=db3a304412b407950112b43...

Thanks and regards,

AZIZ

0 Likes

Hello,

Any update please on the solution provided above.

Thanks and regards,

AZIZ

0 Likes