Deadtime of IKCM30F60GA

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User2022
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello, I am trying to apply IKCM30F60GA for motor driver. I noticed that it has a 380ns deadtime DT_ic on gate drive circuit from the datasheet. Its datasheet also says, deadtime between low side and high side DT_pwm is 2 us.

I would like to know what is the difference between DT_ic and DT_pwm? Does DT_pwm means the pulse width difference caused by DT_ic at U output when the gate drive input has no deadtime? Maybe DT_pwm is a recommended value of the gate drive input?Quicker_20221219_120921.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
1211Shukla
100 replies posted 10 likes received 25 solutions authored

Hi,

Yes, you are absolutely correct DTic = 380ns is minimum deadtime insertion  provided by driver IC  to reduce cross conduction of the power switches in case deadtime between input signal Hin and Lin is lower than 380ns. DTpwm = 2us is the recommended dead time between Hin and Lin for the user.

Do revert for further clarification.

Regards,

Rishabh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
1211Shukla

Hi,

Yes, you are absolutely correct DTic = 380ns is minimum deadtime insertion  provided by driver IC  to reduce cross conduction of the power switches in case deadtime between input signal Hin and Lin is lower than 380ns. DTpwm = 2us is the recommended dead time between Hin and Lin for the user.

Do revert for further clarification.

Regards,

Rishabh

0 Likes
1211Shukla

Hi,

Let me know if further clarification is required?

Regards,

Rishabh

0 Likes

Thank you for reply😀,  I've got the information I want to know.

0 Likes