igbt drive requirements

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jeffluminais
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I have a Mitsubishi power IGBT module having a max current of 800 A, peak current of 1600 A, and total gate charge of 4500 nC.  I am planning to use an infineon 1ed020I12-f2 driver. I am going to use a bipolar supply of +15 and -8 volts.  The application controls a Motor with the IGBT Grounding the motor to energize it.  It is an On Off type of operation in which the motor will be activated 1 to 3 times per second then will be inactive for perhaps a second.  It seems from the datasheet That this particular chip can handle this. Is that correct? Also, my impressions is that the clamp output is not necessary when using a bipolar drive. Is this also correct? 

Thank you  

Jeff

0 Likes
1 Solution
1211Shukla
100 replies posted 10 likes received 25 solutions authored

Hello @jeffluminais,

As per the device datasheet peak gate current requirement is > 4.5A. I would recommend you to go ahead with 1EDI60I12AF 

Thanks & Regards,

Rishabh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
1211Shukla

Dear @jeffluminais ,

Can you share me the IGBT part number?

Regards,

Rishabh

0 Likes
CM800HA-24H
0 Likes
1211Shukla

Hello @jeffluminais ,

There is no data for the internal gate resistance of the module in the datasheet. Should it be taken as 0?. Please confirm.

Thanks & Regards,

Rishabh

0 Likes
yes
0 Likes
1211Shukla

Hello @jeffluminais,

As per the device datasheet peak gate current requirement is > 4.5A. I would recommend you to go ahead with 1EDI60I12AF 

Thanks & Regards,

Rishabh

0 Likes