SPICE model

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MS_19060803
Level 6
Level 6
Distributor - TED (Japan)
25 likes received 25 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hi all,

Can the SPICE model of IKW40N120H3 be used with LTSPICE (manufactured by ANALOG DEVICES)?

If possible, could you please teach me how to do it?

Best regards,

MS

0 Likes
1 Solution
akbarsyeda
Employee
Employee
First question asked First solution authored First reply posted

Hello all, 

Let me clarify the answer

Yes, the SPICE model of the IKW40N120H3 (and all other Infineon discrete IGBTs in general) is compatible with all SPICE simulators including LTSPICE.

To learn how to use the model in a simulation tool (such as LTspice and SIMetrix), please refer to the following application note:

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN_2020_17_Simulation_models_of_IGBTs_and_power_silicon_diode...

This provides a detailed explanation of the simulation models offered by infineon and also shows step-by-step instructions for using the simulation model in LTspice. 

Thank you. 

Best regards, 

Qurat 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
AZIZ_HASSAN
50 likes received 5 likes given 250 sign-ins

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Infineon community.

Since, the spice model package doesn't specify its compatibility, I request you to run it once in LTSPICE.

If it shows  a error of unrecognized sub circuit error, then kit is not compatible with LT SPICE.

BR,

AZIZ HASSAN

0 Likes
akbarsyeda
Employee
Employee
First question asked First solution authored First reply posted

Hello all, 

Let me clarify the answer

Yes, the SPICE model of the IKW40N120H3 (and all other Infineon discrete IGBTs in general) is compatible with all SPICE simulators including LTSPICE.

To learn how to use the model in a simulation tool (such as LTspice and SIMetrix), please refer to the following application note:

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN_2020_17_Simulation_models_of_IGBTs_and_power_silicon_diode...

This provides a detailed explanation of the simulation models offered by infineon and also shows step-by-step instructions for using the simulation model in LTspice. 

Thank you. 

Best regards, 

Qurat 

0 Likes