Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JGPark1970
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins First like given First reply posted

Hi, 

hi?
I am trying to operate an Axial flux machine using Hybridkit Drive sense.
While running the position sensor wizard for the first task, I discovered that the logic board had the following problem where it reads the signal from the resolver on pole pair 8:
When the actual motor rotates once, 8 mechanical rotations are reported to the logic board as shown below.
It doesn't seem to be resolved by modifying the resolver parameters, so I would like to inquire if there is a solution to this.

The pole pair for both the motor and resolver is 8.

JGPark1970_0-1701164514999.png

JGPark1970_1-1701164585796.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Akhil_B
250 sign-ins First question asked 50 solutions authored

Dear @JGPark1970 

Good Day!!

Issue on multiple resolver polepairs has already been fixed in the current Hybrid Kit Release 3.0.8

Can you please let me know the logic board version that you are using  and the hybrid kit software version?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Akhil Kumar.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Akhil_B

Dear @JGPark1970 

Good Day!!

Thanks for posting on the Infineon Developer Community.

Can you please let me know how do you calculate the actual speed as 25 rpm?

You can also please refer to the attached thread for more details on resolver clarifications.

https://community.infineon.com/t5/XMC/XMC4500-Brushless-motor-run-with-resolver/td-p/295906?langid=2

"We can see a sine and a cosine with no glitches and also the Angle looks like a saw tooth, what is good.
So we can guess resolver is connected probably and the analysis is working.
(In your case the motor was turning or?)

You can try to set the pole pair to 1.

So when Motor has pole pair 4 and resolver has pole pair 4 you can set both to 1.
Only the speed calculation is now 4 times more than displayed."

Also please refer to the attached link for resolver details.

https://nmbtc.com/resources/resolver-engineering/

Thanks & Best Regards,

Akhil Kumar.

JGPark1970
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Akhill Kumar,

A few hours ago I successfully got the motor spinning with the pole pair 1 setting. The pole pairs of the motor and resolver are both set to 1. As you mentioned, the number of revolutions is measured as 8x.
The second graph in my post is the graph when running the position sensor wizard. The second eight gears actually corresponded to one revolution in the motor, and since the time taken was about 3 seconds, the actual speed was estimated to be around 20 to 25 rpm.
I plan to continue testing starting tomorrow morning to find out the Kp and Ki values.
What I'm curious about is how the mechanical position and speed reported in OneEye affect actual control.
Also, it does not appear that the pole pair value entered in OneEye is properly reflected in the control.
I'm looking into the source code diligently, but I still lack a lot of experience and knowledge.
Thank you again for your reply.

0 Likes
JGPark1970
Level 1
Level 1

One thing to add is that the resolver is continuously generating tracking errors. I wonder if the angle error shown in the picture below is the cause. I am wondering if I should adjust the errorThreshold in Ifx_AngleTrkF32.

JGPark1970_0-1701270040822.png

0 Likes
Akhil_B

Dear @JGPark1970 

Good Day!!

Issue on multiple resolver polepairs has already been fixed in the current Hybrid Kit Release 3.0.8

Can you please let me know the logic board version that you are using  and the hybrid kit software version?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Akhil Kumar.

JGPark1970
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, @Akhil_B 

Thanks for your reply.

Software version maybe 2.6.24 and logic board version is 4.2.
I already receiced 3.0.6 from Developer Studio.

I will try to update the software tomorrow.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Joon.

0 Likes