Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
BMArmstrong
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi there,

I am a bit new working with IPOSIM, and was trying to set up some specific parameters to calculate values for my heatsink needed. I am using a FS20R06VE3 for my motor, however when I tried to input values for the user defined heat sink under the cooling conditions, there was a group box that was labeled as τ[s]. I have no idea what this is. Along with this I am being asked for the modulation index under the Circuits and Control tab. These are the only two I am having trouble understanding for my values. Thank you in advance for any leads/information that may help

0 Likes
1 Solution
Akhil_B
250 sign-ins First question asked 50 solutions authored

Hi @BMArmstrong 

Modulation index is defined as the ratio of the magnitude of the fundamental component of the output voltage and half of the DC link voltage. Identical to the magnitudes of the sine waves used for the pulse generation. Relevant information of the corresponding elements can be found under the information (i) tab. Attached the image for reference.

BandaruAkhil_0-1676863723012.png

Regarding to the user defined heatsink, if you know the thermal resiatance and time constant (τ) of your heatsink the values can be used directly to the temperature rise. In case if you are unware of the heat sink values, please use fixed heatsink temperature and enter the values to get the temperature rise. 

In case if you know you are cooling technique also (liquid cooled or air cooled), please use the predefined heatsink tab and enter the values to get the temperature rise. 

Please let me know for further queries.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Akhil Kumar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Akhil_B

Dear @BMArmstrong 

Good Day!!

Thanks for posting on the Infineon community page.

I have noted your query and get back to you soon.

Best Regards,

Akhil Kumar.

0 Likes

hi there, sorry to be a bother, I want to see if you have any leads with what to do for this situation yet and/or if there is any way I can help with the situation so it gets resolved quicker. I am on a bit of a tight schedule to figure this out and would prefer to have an answer sooner than later. Thanks again for the assistance. Brian A

0 Likes
Akhil_B

Hi @BMArmstrong 

Modulation index is defined as the ratio of the magnitude of the fundamental component of the output voltage and half of the DC link voltage. Identical to the magnitudes of the sine waves used for the pulse generation. Relevant information of the corresponding elements can be found under the information (i) tab. Attached the image for reference.

BandaruAkhil_0-1676863723012.png

Regarding to the user defined heatsink, if you know the thermal resiatance and time constant (τ) of your heatsink the values can be used directly to the temperature rise. In case if you are unware of the heat sink values, please use fixed heatsink temperature and enter the values to get the temperature rise. 

In case if you know you are cooling technique also (liquid cooled or air cooled), please use the predefined heatsink tab and enter the values to get the temperature rise. 

Please let me know for further queries.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Akhil Kumar.

0 Likes