Iposim total losses is different

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Aderson
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

I have used the Iposim to calculate the total losses of  IGBT (fz1500r33he3), but when only heatsink's parameter is changed, the total losses is also modified.

I think, when the current ,  switch frenquency and so on are not changed ,the total losses must  be fixed. why is the total losses modified in IPOSIM?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Guru_Prasad
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hello @Aderson 

Thanks for posting your question in the Infineon community.

In heat sink parameters one of the parameters would be Tamb. The Tamb will cause a change in Eon, Eoff, and Vce so the total losses will vary. Other Parameters are Rth and Tau will also contribute less not that much. 

Please let me know which all are heat sink parameters you are changing?

Please share your results for both conditions we will analyze and get back to you.

Thanks

Guru Prasad

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Guru_Prasad
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hello @Aderson 

Thanks for posting your question in the Infineon community.

In heat sink parameters one of the parameters would be Tamb. The Tamb will cause a change in Eon, Eoff, and Vce so the total losses will vary. Other Parameters are Rth and Tau will also contribute less not that much. 

Please let me know which all are heat sink parameters you are changing?

Please share your results for both conditions we will analyze and get back to you.

Thanks

Guru Prasad

0 Likes