IRGP4063D replacement

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
brian265
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked First like given

This question was asked and answered back in Mar 2022:

Hello Marcelo,

The proposal replacement suggested by the distributor is wrong. The right replacement for IRGP4063D is IKW50N65ET7  https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-IKW50N65ET7-DataSheet-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d46272e49d2a01...

IKW50N65ET7 has short circuit capacity, also lower VCEsat, similar switching losses for the same Rg, and better Rg controllability than IRGP4063D. Therefore, perhaps you still need to adjust the Rg to match the current switching performance (dv/dt's and di/dt's) of your system using IRGP4063D."

I have the same problem of replacing the IRGP4063D part in an existing product (an offgrid 48V dc to 230VAC 5kW sine wave inverter)

The problem is that now in June 2022 the suggested part IKW50N65ET7 is on extremely long lead times and effectively unobtainable. Can Infineon suggest a part that is currently stocked (E14, Mouser, etc) that can be substituted?

Regards,

Brian

0 Likes
1 Solution
AZIZ_HASSAN
50 likes received 5 likes given 250 sign-ins

Hi,

You can use IKW50N65H5 and yes you are correct, it doesn't support short circuit.

BR,

AZIZ HASSAN

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AZIZ_HASSAN

Hi,

Thank you for posting at Infineon community.

I request you to answer the following questions in order to help you more efficiently.

1) May I know how many units of  IKW50N65ET7 you require for your application.

2) Are you looking for one to one replacement for IRGP4063D or a different dimension with similar characteristics can also work.

BR,

AZIZ HASSAN 

0 Likes

Hi Aziz,

1) I'm just looking for 4 units at this stage to do some testing.

2) The replacement needs to be a TO-247 and the same pinout with similar or better characteristics.

I reread your earlier posts and it may be that the IKW50N65H5 with its lower short circuit capability will have to do as Element 14 says they can get some next month.

Brian.

0 Likes
AZIZ_HASSAN

Hi,

You can use IKW50N65H5 and yes you are correct, it doesn't support short circuit.

BR,

AZIZ HASSAN

0 Likes