IRF7739L1TRPBF - MARKING ON OLD DATE CODE PARTS

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ShawnF
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 questions asked

Dear experts,

We have an old batch of IR/Infineon IRF7739L1TRPBF from DC: 15+ - 16+. 

These were bought from FD many years back before Infineon bought over IR.

Some records have not been properly kept.

We were looking for PCN to show that there were changes to the logo on the body marking of this chip IRF7739L1TRPBF.

Can someone  please help validate that the logo (with a missing dash "-" on the logo) is a valid form with these lot numbers:

DC: 1646 Lot Code: 1019H8Q.1

DC:1646 Lot: 1019HQC.1

DC: 1524 Lot:  100Y1TM.1

Attached Pictures for reference and further investigations.

I guess it's going to be tough luck but I was hoping someone here is able to help.

Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Guru_Prasad
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hello @ShawnF 

Sorry for late reply.

The missing horizontal line on the diode of the logo is a known issue, this was the norm when we only had Sillner test handlers for the DirectFET, these handlers had an issue to mark the horizontal line.

We now have another type of handler that does not have this issue, but talking about L-Can, as the examples shown on the presentation, back in 2015-2016 we only used Sillner handlers for the L-Can. It was until mid-2018 that we received the newer type of handler from Tesec with the capability to test L-Can devices.

Currently we use both Sillner and Tesec test handlers for the L-Can, so even today you can find both marking types as shown on the examples below.

Sillner Test Handlers             

Guru_Prasad_0-1658680651122.png

Tesec Test Handlers

Guru_Prasad_1-1658680699258.png

Please let me know if you need any help

Thank you

Guru_Prasad

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Guru_Prasad

Hello @ShawnF 

Thanks for posting your question in Infineon community.

I am working on that once we find the information we will get back to you

Thanks

Guru Prasad

ShawnF
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 questions asked

Thanks Prasad. Looking forward to your findings! 

0 Likes
Guru_Prasad

Hello @ShawnF 

we are not having that information. The functionality of the device is the same and no difference I found in the

device.

Please let me know how '-" will help your case.

Thanks

Guru

0 Likes

Hi Prasad, 

Unless Infineon can validate the lot code exists and the missing "-" is not a pre-requisite for inspection purpose, our potential customer is concerned about it's origin. 

Interestingly, the symbol of a rectifier has a "-". So, IR's marking on the chip w/o the "-" was flagged out as a concern.

I definitely need help here to clear the doubt.  

Thanks.

0 Likes
Guru_Prasad

Hello @ShawnF 

Sorry for late reply.

The missing horizontal line on the diode of the logo is a known issue, this was the norm when we only had Sillner test handlers for the DirectFET, these handlers had an issue to mark the horizontal line.

We now have another type of handler that does not have this issue, but talking about L-Can, as the examples shown on the presentation, back in 2015-2016 we only used Sillner handlers for the L-Can. It was until mid-2018 that we received the newer type of handler from Tesec with the capability to test L-Can devices.

Currently we use both Sillner and Tesec test handlers for the L-Can, so even today you can find both marking types as shown on the examples below.

Sillner Test Handlers             

Guru_Prasad_0-1658680651122.png

Tesec Test Handlers

Guru_Prasad_1-1658680699258.png

Please let me know if you need any help

Thank you

Guru_Prasad

Your reply came in at a good time. Thank you Prasad!

0 Likes