IPM pwm frequency limit

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
qwertyqwq35
Level 3
Level 3
First like received 5 questions asked 25 sign-ins

Hi

Im planning to use my ipm (ikcm30f60gd) at the inverter project. The inverter controller has been already selected but there is a problem about them. Let me explain;

The controller of the inverter will be eg8010 chineese ic which is specificly for inverter control. This is will operate ipm to inverting current for suppying motors etc. But the problem is , controller ic is generating 23.5kHz SPWM signal although , at the ipm datasheet , max frequency is 20kHz (ipm datasheet page 7 , control section table). Will that be problem for my application ? What if i switch such fast pwm frequency of the ipm ?

I have added datasheet of the eg8010 below here please check it.

Im willing to need help. Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vicky_S
10 likes received 5 likes given 100 replies posted

Hello, 
We suggest to operate the IPM within provided frequency range. Technically, by operating it at frequency more than that of provided in the datasheet will cause the increase in the switching losses in IGBT and diode. If junction temperature within the limit, no failure shall take place. 

Best regards,
Vicky S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Vicky_S

Hello, 
We suggest to operate the IPM within provided frequency range. Technically, by operating it at frequency more than that of provided in the datasheet will cause the increase in the switching losses in IGBT and diode. If junction temperature within the limit, no failure shall take place. 

Best regards,
Vicky S

0 Likes
Vicky_S

Hello,
Could you please help us to know whether the posted answer resolves your query or further support is required?

Best regards,
Vicky S

0 Likes