IGBT module f4-75r06w1e3 for a three phase inverter application

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
We are using IGBT module f4-75r06w1e3 for a three phase inverter application. We
have well tested gate driver based on IR2110 wich is isolated by VO3120 opto isolator. H bridge has RCD clamping snubber as well. it works properly at our full load condition with out transformer at
the output. When we connect the transformer at the AC output our module getting damaged. Can you please help me
to track the issue?
0 Likes
1 Solution
Guru_Prasad
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hello @User19042 

Thanks for posting your question in the Infineon community.

The below reasons can damage your IGBTs when you connect the transformer to H-bridge

1)The Freewheeling current can damage. The freewheeling  current will flow when switch is turned OFF. The

free wheeling current mainly depends on the transformer leakage inductance, current raise, switching

frequency and modulation index.

2)While the transformer saturates then also the IGBT can damage. while transformer saturates the di/dt will

flow in IGBT.

Thanks

Guru

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
User9050
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored
We have recognized that you have started discussion with technical support team via http://www.infineon.com/productsupport. I suggest to continue there and you may post a possible soultion later on.

Regards,
Schulz
0 Likes
User19042
Level 1
Level 1
hi,
I would like to know wether this issue got resovled or not. I am also facing the same issue. I am using tis for single phase inverter with HCPL316J and the IGBT module keeps going bad.
0 Likes
Guru_Prasad
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hello @User19042 

Thanks for posting your question in the Infineon community.

The below reasons can damage your IGBTs when you connect the transformer to H-bridge

1)The Freewheeling current can damage. The freewheeling  current will flow when switch is turned OFF. The

free wheeling current mainly depends on the transformer leakage inductance, current raise, switching

frequency and modulation index.

2)While the transformer saturates then also the IGBT can damage. while transformer saturates the di/dt will

flow in IGBT.

Thanks

Guru

0 Likes