IGBT module counterfeit?

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
psedlacek
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

is there any possibility to identify if the module (upper one) is the the counterfeit or innovated product?

The lower picture should be he original part ..

Both modules are marked as BSM35GP120DN120  but inner chips are different - layout is the same..

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

Thanks for the clarity.

To answer your question specifically, yes both the modules are original. Only difference is the internal technology improvisations\, which unfortunately I can't disclose.

I hope you understand.

BR,

AZIZ

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
AZIZ_HASSAN
50 likes received 5 likes given 250 sign-ins

Hi,

Thank you for your query.

I am confused what is upper and lower part. Can you please explain.

BR,

AZIZ

0 Likes
psedlacek
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Let me specify my issue more clearly ..

There are two same types of the IGBT modules signed as BSM35GP120DN2 in the pictures (case opened - without the cover). Because of dismantled covers you can see there are different types of inner chips (transistors and diodes) in both modules.

The upper part of the picture is the IGBT module which I suspect to be the counterfeit. The lower part of the picture should be the original one.

The question is if the modules are both original (e.g. with different chip technology, different places of origin) or that one of them is not original (e.g. remarking, non-original manufactured etc)

Thank you.

Pavel

0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for the clarity.

To answer your question specifically, yes both the modules are original. Only difference is the internal technology improvisations\, which unfortunately I can't disclose.

I hope you understand.

BR,

AZIZ

0 Likes

Thank you very much ..

0 Likes