IGBT T4 vs T7 series

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AviBM
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi all

I currently use FS35R12W1T4 and I see that there is 

a new IGBT FS35R12W1T7 ,What is the differences between

T4 and T7 series?

Avi Ben-Maor

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anil_Y
100 replies posted 50 solutions authored 10 likes received

Dear Avi Ben-Maor,

Thank you for posting in Infineon community. 

Compared to the last IGBT4 generation, IGBT7 shows almost the same turn-off losses while making a big step in the reduction of static losses. Its on-state voltage is reduced by around 20% compared to the previous generation the IGBT4 T4 chip. A typical value is 1.65 V at Tvj=125°C. This brings significant loss reduction in the final application, especially for industrial drives applications which usually operate at moderate switching frequency.

Please refer to the attached article for more details.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-Bodo's_Power_TRENCHSTOP_IGBT7-ART-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d4...

Best Regards,

Anil Kumar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anil_Y

Dear Avi Ben-Maor,

Thank you for posting in Infineon community. 

Compared to the last IGBT4 generation, IGBT7 shows almost the same turn-off losses while making a big step in the reduction of static losses. Its on-state voltage is reduced by around 20% compared to the previous generation the IGBT4 T4 chip. A typical value is 1.65 V at Tvj=125°C. This brings significant loss reduction in the final application, especially for industrial drives applications which usually operate at moderate switching frequency.

Please refer to the attached article for more details.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-Bodo's_Power_TRENCHSTOP_IGBT7-ART-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d4...

Best Regards,

Anil Kumar.

0 Likes
Anil_Y

Dear Avi Ben-Maor,

Please let me know, if any further support is required or can I move this case to resolved state.

Best Regards

Anil Kumar.

0 Likes