IGBT MODULE IGCM20F60GA

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Charles1
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Dear sirs, can you please help with the IGBT module shown in the attached picture? It has been taken out from the motorbox of a sawing machine of brand "JUKI", model "MF7523", class C11-B56. It has a needle positioner, type: G40-1-00-220 and into that positioner it was placed.

The module I am asking has three groups of symbols on it, which indicate the type of the module, and some other information like serial number, etc. The first one: IGCM20F60GA - as we understood, is the name/type indicator.

But what does the other two: CM16030271 and H1604 indicate? One them may be the serial number? Then what is the other one? Can somebody explain? 

The purpose is to obtain the correct module which will start working in that sawing machine.

I searched the web, and found very different types of this chip with different codes on it, only the code: IGCM20F60GA remains the same but the other two change. Somewhere it is shown to be for 600v, and somewhere it is shown to be for 15-16v? 

Can somebody pls explain the meaning of the codes on the chip, so that I can order the correct one?

Pls don't advise to learn the information from the data sheet, because we don't have the data sheet of the burnt one in our hands, we cannot compare if they are the same!

Thanks in advance,

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Anil_Y
100 replies posted 50 solutions authored 10 likes received

Dear @Charles1 ,

Good day!!

IGCM20F60GA - Manufacturer Part number.

CM16030271- Lot number

H1604 - Date Code.

Below image gives a detailed explanation of lot number and date code. 

Yelugu_0-1685705598176.png

Nomenclature of CIPOS mini IPM:

Yelugu_1-1685705710643.png

I am also attaching the datasheet for IGCM20F60GA, please find in attachments. 

You can also order in Infineon website using below link. For ordering right product please concern about ratings given in datasheet.

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/intelligent-power-modules-ipm/igcm20f60ga/

If you have any queries please let me know.

Best Regards,

Anil Kumar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
lock attach
Anil_Y

Dear @Charles1 ,

Good day!!

IGCM20F60GA - Manufacturer Part number.

CM16030271- Lot number

H1604 - Date Code.

Below image gives a detailed explanation of lot number and date code. 

Yelugu_0-1685705598176.png

Nomenclature of CIPOS mini IPM:

Yelugu_1-1685705710643.png

I am also attaching the datasheet for IGCM20F60GA, please find in attachments. 

You can also order in Infineon website using below link. For ordering right product please concern about ratings given in datasheet.

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/intelligent-power-modules-ipm/igcm20f60ga/

If you have any queries please let me know.

Best Regards,

Anil Kumar.

0 Likes

Good evening Mr.Kumar,

I had thoughts about the 4digit code beginning with letter H, that it might be the manufacture date. But I was thinking that the second one, 8 digit code, beginning with the letters CM - was serial number of the chip. Is there any nomenclature for this lot number? I'm just quite afraid that the lot number may also be showing some definitions like voltage or maybe currency? No?

I wish all necessary definitions are shown in the type code - IGCM20F60GA? 

Can I order this chip(module) just by comparing the type code IGCM20F60GA?

0 Likes
Anil_Y

Dear @Charles1 ,

Good day!!

Part number only gives voltage and current ratings, Lot number won't include those details.

Yes, you can order by using the part number.

Sorry, I have not found the nomenclature for the serial number.

Best Regards,
Anil Kumar.

0 Likes