Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Translation_Bot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Community Manager
100 likes received

Hello experts.

As we know, the HybridPACK IGBT module can be assembled by press fit process. Here is a problem I want to discuss with you about the Z-direction tolerance: In the 2D drawing of IGBT module, the tolerance of press fit pin height is +0.4/- 0.5mm. The PCB thickness is 1.6 +/- 0.16mm. If the PCB thickness reaches the lower limit, 1.44mm, the center of press fit area will not be aligned to the PCB center. Is it possible that the pin press fit area get close to the PCB surface or get out of the PCB hole partially? What is the influence of pin shift in the PCB hole? Will it affect the push out force and reliablitiy test (such as vibration)?

Thanks

screenshot-20230920-152444.png

smartconx_target@Q!w2e3r4t5y6u7i8o9p0||/t5/IGBT/HybridPACK-IGBT-module-press-fit-issue-Z-direction-tolerance/td-p/498869

0 Likes
1 Solution
Translation_Bot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Community Manager
100 likes received

Hello

We provide requirements for PCBs with Press-Fit assemblies, also taking tolerance into account. You can assemble the modules according to the assembly instruction. Share you an AN of Assembly Instructions for the HybridPACK ™ Drive for your reference.

In addition, as an advanced technology on the market, the PressFIT makes it possible to improve reliability up to a factor of 100 compared to manually soldered contacts and other contact types. soldered contacts and other contact types. The PressFIT contact has been qualified in accordance with the usual standards for power semiconductor modules at Infineon.

Best regards.

Rachel

smartconx_target@Q!w2e3r4t5y6u7i8o9p0||/t5/IGBT/HybridPACK-IGBT-module-press-fit-issue-Z-direction-tolerance/m-p/499755

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Translation_Bot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Community Manager
100 likes received

Hello

We provide requirements for PCBs with Press-Fit assemblies, also taking tolerance into account. You can assemble the modules according to the assembly instruction. Share you an AN of Assembly Instructions for the HybridPACK ™ Drive for your reference.

In addition, as an advanced technology on the market, the PressFIT makes it possible to improve reliability up to a factor of 100 compared to manually soldered contacts and other contact types. soldered contacts and other contact types. The PressFIT contact has been qualified in accordance with the usual standards for power semiconductor modules at Infineon.

Best regards.

Rachel

smartconx_target@Q!w2e3r4t5y6u7i8o9p0||/t5/IGBT/HybridPACK-IGBT-module-press-fit-issue-Z-direction-tolerance/m-p/499755

0 Likes