Fake IKP20N60T?

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Ian
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Have had a couple of 3.7kW VFDs where the braking resistor function failed.  Replaced the IGBTs and seems to have fixed the problem.  Pic shows original and replacement side by side.  Is one of these not genuine?

0 Likes
1 Solution
1211Shukla
100 replies posted 10 likes received 25 solutions authored

Hi,

To be honest, it is difficult to say by seeing the images. However Infineon  part no. IKP20N60T  is having a typical appearance as below image. you may judge based on package (TO220-3) dimension in datasheet

1211Shukla_2-1670872041292.jpeg

Regards,

Rishabh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
1211Shukla

Hi,

To be honest, it is difficult to say by seeing the images. However Infineon  part no. IKP20N60T  is having a typical appearance as below image. you may judge based on package (TO220-3) dimension in datasheet

1211Shukla_2-1670872041292.jpeg

Regards,

Rishabh

0 Likes
Ian
Level 1
Level 1

The difference I can see is that the genuine logo has a solid dot for the 'i' and the suspicious logo has a circle outline for the 'i'.  Is this significant??

0 Likes
Ian
Level 1
Level 1

The suspect device failed while switching only 330VDC 4.5A and the unit it was in works fine when that was replaced with a genuine component.

0 Likes
1211Shukla

Hi,

Yes, we are having a logo with solid dot currently. May I know from which distributor you got the switches?

Regards,

Rishabh

0 Likes
Ian
Level 1
Level 1

As I said originally, these components were parts in some Variable Frequency Drives for 3 phase motors that I purchased.  I cannot help with where the components came from apart from that.

0 Likes
1211Shukla

Hi,

Since we are not able to track where the product came from, It is very difficult to make a conclusion based on images only whether the product is genuine or not. 

Can I close the ticket?

Regards,

Rishabh

0 Likes