FS100R07N2E4 switching frequency

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Dave_Scothern
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First reply posted First question asked

Hi all,

I've studied the datasheet for sixpack IGBT module FS100R07N2E4 but I've not learnt anything about what switching frequency I can expect from it. Can anyone shed any light?

All the best,

David.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

Can you please elaborate which generator control you are talking about. To be precise, this IGBT which you have selected can operate up to 40 Khz. But, it depends upon other parameters that whether its hard switching or soft switching. So, at the end as per the system, you need to check what is the losses and junction temperature at higher frequency. 

Please find the attachment which  gives you an idea about device family( IGBT4, IGBT,5IGBT6 etc.) frequency limitations. 

Please let me know if you need further clarifications.

AZIZ_HASSAN_0-1663071141280.png

BR,

AZIZ HASSAN

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AZIZ_HASSAN
50 likes received 5 likes given 250 sign-ins

Hi,

You can operate it to typically 12 Khz. May I know your application.

BR,

AZIZ HASSAN

Dave_Scothern
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First reply posted First question asked

Thankyou very much for the quick response.
The application is in generator control, with a high (4khz) fundamental frequency. Have you any Si IGBT sixpacks that can switch at much higher (say 35kHz, but tradeable) frequency? For example, FS100R12KS4 is identified as being designed for fast switching, but again the data sheet doesn't appear to show what frequencies it can achieve. 
Incidentally, if I'm just being naive and don't know how to read the datasheet, I'd be hugely grateful to anyone that could let me know where to look!

Thanks in advance and best regards,

David.

0 Likes

Hi,

Can you please elaborate which generator control you are talking about. To be precise, this IGBT which you have selected can operate up to 40 Khz. But, it depends upon other parameters that whether its hard switching or soft switching. So, at the end as per the system, you need to check what is the losses and junction temperature at higher frequency. 

Please find the attachment which  gives you an idea about device family( IGBT4, IGBT,5IGBT6 etc.) frequency limitations. 

Please let me know if you need further clarifications.

AZIZ_HASSAN_0-1663071141280.png

BR,

AZIZ HASSAN

Hi,

We're hard switching, but at fairly low current - max current is less than 50A. Happy to use a higher-capacity module if it lets us stick with a silicon sixpack rather than three SiC modules.

All the best,

David.

0 Likes
AZIZ_HASSAN
50 likes received 5 likes given 250 sign-ins

Hi,

Since, you are operating at such low current, the conduction loss will be less and so you can increase the switching frequency . Still, I recommend you to do a simulation or use or IPOSIM tool for the particular device and check the junction temperature of device. Prima facie the device will be good to go as per your requirement.

BR,

AZIZ HASSAN

0 Likes