EVAL-IHW65R62EDS06J

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KULCU
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hello

We are developing an induction cooker based on the EVAL-IHW65R62EDS06J board.

We use STM32G030F6P6 micro controller to generate PWM signals on the card we developed. PWM signals 50KHZ,  2000 ns dead time and 50% duty cycle set.

We conduct our tests with 2 resonant coils of 17 cm diameter, 65 µh and 90 µh.

Since we could not find 2 pieces of IHW40N65R6XKSA1 found on the EVAL-IHW65R62EDS06J board, we used IHW20N65R5XKSA1 instead.

The problem we cannot solve; The circuit produces a maximum of 100 watts of power. It is written on the page of the EVAL-IHW65R62EDS06J card that it will produce a power of 3KW.

I am sharing the circuit diagram and the settings of the stm32 microcontroller below.

Thanks.

Shc.PNG

PwmSetting.PNGClockConfig.PNG
0 Likes
1 Solution
AZIZ_HASSAN
50 likes received 5 likes given 250 sign-ins

Hello,

I could see the main problem is the auxiliary voltage. As per the eval board user manual, for 3000W output, the DC link voltage should be nearly 250V and the auxiliary voltage as 20V. Unfortunately, both are low in your system. So, I request you to make your auxiliary voltage as 20V which is important for cooling and fan assembly and make sure your DC voltage is nearly 250V.

I hope you understood.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

AZIZ

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
AZIZ_HASSAN

Hello Kulcu,

Thank you for posting at Infineon community. Please answer below points to help you.

1) May I know what is the auxiliary supply. Is it 20V or less than that?

2) May I know the value of capacitance used in place of C4||C5 and C7||C8.

3) What was your input power.

4) Can you please share the switch voltage an current waveform.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

AZIZ

0 Likes

Hello

Thank you for your interest.

1 - 2ED2304S06F supply voltage 12v dc. When I looked at the 2ED2304S06F Datasheet, we used 12v because the supply voltage was 0-20 v.

2 - C8-2uf 250vac, C7-100nf 6.3v, C5-100nf 6.3v

3 - We convert our input power to DC voltage by rectifying our city electricity 220 VAC D1-GBJ2510 (25 amp bridge diode).

4 - the switching voltage is around 100 v when there is no load. When loaded, it drops to 70 volts.

We added the C1 Capacitor in addition to the circuit I posted earlier. However, it caused a 5-10Watt increase in power output.

INPUT.PNG

working at idle

NotLoad.jpeg

working at load

Load.jpeg

new version of circuit diagram

ShcNew.PNG

0 Likes
AZIZ_HASSAN

Hello,

I could see the main problem is the auxiliary voltage. As per the eval board user manual, for 3000W output, the DC link voltage should be nearly 250V and the auxiliary voltage as 20V. Unfortunately, both are low in your system. So, I request you to make your auxiliary voltage as 20V which is important for cooling and fan assembly and make sure your DC voltage is nearly 250V.

I hope you understood.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

AZIZ

0 Likes

Hello,

Any updates on the topic. 

Thanks and regards,

AZIZ

0 Likes