Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KULCU
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

You. Obtained from EVAL-IHW65R62EDS06J and 2ED2182S06F boards.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-UG-2021-26_EVAL-IHW65R62EDS06J-UserManual-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileI...

I followed the instructions in the linkto connect the card in a laboratory environment. The induction coil we use is a standard coil with a value of 65uh and a diameter of 17cm. There is a 1 cm gap between the cookware and the coil that we have placed.

Using the schematic I shared, I connected the EVAL-IHW65R62EDS06J card to the pins 8-HIN, 3-LIN, and 2-GND pins of the X4 to generate and STM32G031F8P6 40KHZ PWM and 4000ns dead time. (Figure 1)

MCU CARD.PNG

I encountered some problems

The STM32G031F8P6 MCU may reset when the EVAL-IHW65R62EDS06J board begins to consume power, i.e. the cookware is placed in the induction coil.

Placing the cooking pot on the induction coil will cause the STM32G031F8P6 MCU to reset or become unresponsive after the system has been running for a while.

To solve these problems, a circuit was added to isolate the STM32G031F8P6 MCU board and the EVAL-IHW65R62EDS06J board from each other (Figure 2).

MCU CARD ISOLATED.PNG

The problem here is that the T1-T2 IGBT (IHW40N65R6) with EVAL-IHW65R62EDS06J fails 10-30 seconds after the card starts working.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vicky_S
50 solutions authored 10 likes received 5 likes given

Hello, 
Since there is no response from your side, we will close this case. When you have an update on this thread, please create a new thread so that we can work on it.

Best regards,
Vicky S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Akhil_B
250 sign-ins First question asked 50 solutions authored

Dear @KULCU 

Good Day!!

Thanks for posting on the Infineon developer community.

1) Please confirm whether are you using separate control board instead of XMC board ?

2) Whether two IGBTs, all terminals are damaged? Please let me know the status of the terminals shorted.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Akhil Kumar.

0 Likes
KULCU
Level 1
Level 1

thanks

yes we do not use XMC board. instead we use the circuit I posted above.

both IGBTs are damaged. The whole terminal of the IGBT is short-circuited.

0 Likes
Vicky_S

Hello, 
1. Could you please confirm the ZVS operation of a converter. (Kindly share the waveform of Vgs, Vds and coil current to verify the ZVS operation)
2. Any particular reason for 4uS of dead time?
3. Kindly monitor the temperature of IGBT with precise instrument while performing the tests.

Best regards,
Vicky S

0 Likes
KULCU
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

The ZVS oscilloscope image is as follows.

ZVS.jpeg

No particular reason for 4 us dead time. The results did not change in our previous tests with 2 us dead time. We did it because EVAL-IHW65R62EDS06J says 4 us on page 23 of the document.

EVAL-IHW65R62EDS06J.png

When we measure the temperature with IGBT precision, we see that it does not exceed 40 °C.

I forgot to write above. When the IGBTs are broken, the 2ED2182S06F driver breaks down in the IC.

0 Likes
Vicky_S

Hello, 

The attached waveform does not provide any information about ZVS (zero voltage switching). I kindly request you to refer to Figure 7 in the user manual.

In Figure 7, before the gate voltage reaches a high level, the collector-to-emitter voltage of the IGBT is at zero. This confirms the occurrence of ZVS operation. Similarly, we need to verify whether ZVS is occurring in your application or not.

A 4µs dead time is relatively high; you may consider reducing this as well.

Best regards,
Vicky S

0 Likes
KULCU
Level 1
Level 1

IHW40N65R6 , 2ED2182S06F is broken. We didn't have a new one and we ordered it. When the products reach us, I will replace the defective products and share the oscilloscope data you requested.

0 Likes
Vicky_S

Hello,
Any update on this thread?

Best regards,
Vicky S

0 Likes
Vicky_S

Hello,
Any update on this thread?

Best regards,
Vicky S

0 Likes
Vicky_S

Hello,
Could you please provide an update on this thread?

Best regards,
Vicky S

0 Likes
Vicky_S

Hello, 
Since there is no response from your side, we will close this case. When you have an update on this thread, please create a new thread so that we can work on it.

Best regards,
Vicky S

0 Likes