1ED020I12-F2 igbt driver

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jeffluminais
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I am using a 1ED020I12-F2 gate driver with a 1200v/600a ibgt module to drive a 24v 66a (full load). currently the motor is not being driven under load.  I used the single supply schematic in the data sheet but added two tvs diodes at 18v, one across the timing cap and one from gate to emitter.  When I activate the circuit, it turns on the igbt and the motor runs, but when I deactivate it, the motor slows down greatly but keeps running.  With a scope, I can see about a 7v dc signal on the gate terminal.  with a voltmeter I read about 5v across the motor terminals.  Reading the spec sheet clamp terminal operation, it says the clamp terminal will not activate until the gate voltage drops below 2v which never happens here.  Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thank you,

Jeff

0 Likes
1 Solution
喜马拉雅之雪
Employee

Dear jeffluminais:

Thanks for your comments.

For your PWM DC motor drive system. It have a question: where is a current route in IGBT "OFF" time?

So the SCH need change to:

_0-1676961565651.png

"D" is current channel of IGBT in PWM “OFF” time. The favorites is 100~200A 60~100V SBD(Schottky Barrier Diode).

C is AC short loop for DC BUS. The favorites is DC 50V 2200uFX8.

Would you like try again?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
AZIZ_HASSAN
50 likes received 5 likes given 250 sign-ins

Hi,

Thank you for posting at Infineon community.

Since, I am unable to visualize the circuit diagram properly, I request you to share the driver schematics and the power circuit digram.

Thanks,

BR,

AZIZ

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
jeffluminais
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Here is the circuit.

0 Likes

Hello,

Thanks for the schematics.

I have checked it and may I know what is the rating of diode/Zener you are using across  gate and emitter. I believe, it is clamping the voltage which is making the voltage across the gate and hence it is still functional and makes the motor to run at low voltages.

Anyway, please share the details requested to debug further.

Thanks,

BR,

AZIZ 

0 Likes
喜马拉雅之雪
Employee

Dear jeffluminais:

Thanks for your comments.

For your PWM DC motor drive system. It have a question: where is a current route in IGBT "OFF" time?

So the SCH need change to:

_0-1676961565651.png

"D" is current channel of IGBT in PWM “OFF” time. The favorites is 100~200A 60~100V SBD(Schottky Barrier Diode).

C is AC short loop for DC BUS. The favorites is DC 50V 2200uFX8.

Would you like try again?

0 Likes

Hello,

I hope the query is solved. May I close the ticket.

Thanks and regards,

AZIZ

0 Likes

🤝Thanks for your comments.

I think, maybe the designer is OK and finished their project.

0 Likes