Econo PIM 3 module with IGBT 7 in it

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Alan1
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hi guys

Econo PIM 3 igbt power module such as FP150R12N3T7 with IGBT 7 in it. When this igbt module works in overload condition  the igbt can up to 175C. How about the rectifier diode when the inverter igbt is up to 175C? The rectifier diode can only work below 150C Tj. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
AZIZ_HASSAN
50 likes received 5 likes given 250 sign-ins

Hi,

The rectifier diode need to be below 150C Tj during overload condition. As per typical  operation, simulation shows  if Tj of inverter= 175, then Tj for rectifier diode is nearly 150 and Heat sink will be nearly 110. The DCB of rectifier and inverter are kept far and thermo coupling effect is no so big. 

So, if you do proper design and provide proper cooling, the device will work perfectly even in over load conditions.

I hope you understood.

BR,

AZIZ HASSAN

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
AZIZ_HASSAN

Hi,

Thank you for posting at Infineon community.

I understood your concern and I would like to give you confirmation that rectifier diode will work fine at overload conditions. If you need any further help please let me know.

BR,

AZIZ HASSAN

rectifier diode will work fine at overload conditions

What do you mean? The rectifier diode is below 150C Tj at over load conditions or the rectifier diode also can work above 150C below 175C in a short time?

0 Likes
AZIZ_HASSAN

Hi,

The rectifier diode need to be below 150C Tj during overload condition. As per typical  operation, simulation shows  if Tj of inverter= 175, then Tj for rectifier diode is nearly 150 and Heat sink will be nearly 110. The DCB of rectifier and inverter are kept far and thermo coupling effect is no so big. 

So, if you do proper design and provide proper cooling, the device will work perfectly even in over load conditions.

I hope you understood.

BR,

AZIZ HASSAN

0 Likes

Hi AZIZ_HASSAN

Thank you very much.

0 Likes