Plecs does not recognize the thermal model

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jianbo
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

I downloaded the thermal model file from Infineon's official website for plecs simulation, but when importing the model, I found that PLECS does not support version 1.3 files (supported below 1.1). I manually changed 1.3 to 1.1 and then imported it, but the simulation results The display temperature trend is reversed. Is it feasible to directly change the version in the file? thanksPHOTO.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Thank you for posting on the Infineon Community.

I can understand that the issue you are facing is with the version number.  

But while carrying out the PLECS simulation, the power switch from the Infineon's portfolio can be selected directly in the simulator tool itself. You need not have to download the simulation model from the product page and import it in the simulator. 

If you are not able to find the product that you are looking for in the online PLECS simulator, please do share the details of the product and the simulation parameters. I will try simulating it on my side and share the results with you. 

The version number should not be changed as you have mentioned. It might hinder the simulation results. 

I tried simulating a version1.2 simulation model ( FF23MR12W1M1P_B11) and there was no error. 

Regards,

Abhilash P

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Abhilash_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Thank you for posting on the Infineon Community.

I can understand that the issue you are facing is with the version number.  

But while carrying out the PLECS simulation, the power switch from the Infineon's portfolio can be selected directly in the simulator tool itself. You need not have to download the simulation model from the product page and import it in the simulator. 

If you are not able to find the product that you are looking for in the online PLECS simulator, please do share the details of the product and the simulation parameters. I will try simulating it on my side and share the results with you. 

The version number should not be changed as you have mentioned. It might hinder the simulation results. 

I tried simulating a version1.2 simulation model ( FF23MR12W1M1P_B11) and there was no error. 

Regards,

Abhilash P

0 Likes