IGBT module Spice Model

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Miyata
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - TED (Japan)
First comment on KBA 25 replies posted 10 solutions authored

My customer ask me the question whether Infineon can provide Spice Model data of IGBT module which can work with Ansys simulator which customer is using now. Customer acknowledge Infineon has "IPOSIM" but this is not enough for customer.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AZIZ_HASSAN
50 likes received 5 likes given 250 sign-ins

Hi,

Thanks for your patience.

As per our internal discussion , I am really sorry that we cant share the spice model of the IGBT because it might not be compatible with other software (like Ansys).

However, to select a right module, we recommend that you use IPOSIM.

Another option is that, we can provide the PLECS model( same model which we have integrated in IPOSIM).This model is based on module characteristic but not sure whether  it can be integrated with Ansys or not. 

BR,

AZIZ HASSAN

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
AZIZ_HASSAN

Hi,

May I know the application and part number of the IGBT  for which you are asking Spice model .

0 Likes
Miyata
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - TED (Japan)
First comment on KBA 25 replies posted 10 solutions authored

Customer is now under investigating which IGBT module supplier must be choose for their next next model servo amp.  So at this moment, no specific part number that they are thinking but they may looking for 650V/300A,400A,600A and 1200V/200A,300A,400A. All two in one type.

For their future IGBT module selection, it is important to run Spice Model which can eliminate their development period, they don't want to do any cut and try style for their future model development.

Support of Spice Model would be key factor to select IGBT module supplier.

Pls note that competitor Fuji CAN NOT support this customer's requirement now.

0 Likes
AZIZ_HASSAN

Hi,

Thank you for your explanation.

Since, this spice model is confidential matter, i request you to crease a case on Mycases system so that we can support you in confidential manner.

I hope you understand.

Thanks,

Best regards,

AZIZ HASSAN

0 Likes
AZIZ_HASSAN

Hi,

Thanks for your patience.

As per our internal discussion , I am really sorry that we cant share the spice model of the IGBT because it might not be compatible with other software (like Ansys).

However, to select a right module, we recommend that you use IPOSIM.

Another option is that, we can provide the PLECS model( same model which we have integrated in IPOSIM).This model is based on module characteristic but not sure whether  it can be integrated with Ansys or not. 

BR,

AZIZ HASSAN

0 Likes