can hyperram be connected in parallel to make the data accesses 16 bit instead of just 8

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jobr_4199181
Level 1
Level 1

I see the diagrams and discussions about connecting multiple slave hyperrams to a master.  is it possible to do that with the two slaves being in parallel instead of separately accessed?  the same controls and address commands but reads and writes would be 16 bit effective data.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Joe,

As per my understanding, you want to select both of the HyperRAM devices at the same time and use different set of DQ lines for each of them. Please correct me if I am wrong.

As you can see, RWDS is an IO signal and there is a chance for both of the HyperRAM devices to drive them simultaneously. It can cause problems.

Could you please provide more details about your application? Please let us know, why you want to connect the HyperRAM devices in parallel?

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Joe,

As per my understanding, you want to select both of the HyperRAM devices at the same time and use different set of DQ lines for each of them. Please correct me if I am wrong.

As you can see, RWDS is an IO signal and there is a chance for both of the HyperRAM devices to drive them simultaneously. It can cause problems.

Could you please provide more details about your application? Please let us know, why you want to connect the HyperRAM devices in parallel?

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes

Hi Sudheesh

Yes you are correct, I would access the devices at the same time with different DQ lines but also different RWDS lines.  the other controls will be the same.  The commands on the DQ lines to the device will be the same but data will be different.

The reason I would like to do this is for bandwidth.  I can double my data rate if i cand double the data width, the max speed is fixed obviously.  I didn't see anything that said you can or can't do this that's why I posed the questions.  It would also only work if the devices are in fixed latency mode so that the data response on a read command is the same from both devices.

Thanks

Joe

0 Likes