Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

Hyper RAM

KePa_4518811
Level 1
Level 1

I'm interested in using an ARM microprocessor with a HyperBus interface attached to an FPGA; where the FPGA is a slave device with memory mapped registers that act as an extension of memory space to the uProc. Does Cypress support this type of configuration? If so; is there a reference design or IP package available?

0 Likes
8 Replies
SudheeshK
Moderator First question asked 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi,

Could you please let us know the Cypress HyperBus devices that you use in your application?

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes
KePa_4518811
Level 1
Level 1

The design is just in the planning stages but I'm looking into using a PSoC 6 as the processor. The answer to this question will either lock in the PSoC or eliminate it as a potential candidate.

Also I'm currently using an S29GL01GT10 parallel bus flash for a small low power wireless sensor application and have used PSoC 5 for previous designs.

0 Likes
SudheeshK

Hi,

PSoC6 does not have HyperBus interface, so you won't be able to use it in your application.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes
KePa_4518811
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, good to know... PSoC6 doesn't support HyperBus.

Is there any chance you could answer the question about the FPGA as a HyperBus slave? If not; I can just take Cypress off the list and move on. You will miss out on an opportunity to sell your product. No impact to me; I'll find a different solution.

0 Likes
SudheeshK

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in my response.

Please contact your FPGA manufacturer for assistance to use FPGA as a HyperBus slave device.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes
SudheeshK

Hi Keith Padgett,

I apologize for locking this thread without waiting for your response. I will clarify my previous response.

Cypress does not manufacture any FPGA devices and we won't be assist you with using an FPGA as a HyperBus slave. That is why I suggested you to contact your FPGA manufacturer to use it as a HyperBus slave. Please provide more details about your requirement, if I misunderstood your query.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes
KePa_4518811
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the clarification and re-opening the thread; but it's still pretty much a "non-answer". I did not ask if Cypress manufactures FPGA devices.

Cypress does provide IP for use in other manufacturers FPGA devices. I know this for a fact because I have downloaded the IP.

The original question was a two part question:

1) Does Cypress support this type of configuration? (i.e. Using an FPGA as a HyperBus slave)

2) If so; is there a reference design or IP package available?

At this point, I have completely written off getting any useful information out of this thread. I assume the answer is, NO, Cypress does not have IP to support using an FPGA as a HyperBus slave.

Please, in the future, read the question! Then provide an intelligent response.

0 Likes
SudheeshK

Hi Keith Padgett,

Sorry, I misunderstood your query. Please find my comments below.

Yes, Cypress has a HyperBus IP package. It can be used to configure any FPGAs as a HyperBus master, not as a slave. So, you won't be able to use it in your application.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes