Operating frequency S27KL0642

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Stark38
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hi,

In order to communicate with the memory Hyper RAM S27KL0642 I use a NUCLEO-L4R5ZI board.

My problem is that the frequency that can be generated by the MCU is 120MHz and in the datasheet of the memory componment's operation is only detailled for two frequencies (200 and 166MHz).

My question is, does the memory would properly work at 120MHz frequency? If so, are timing specifications the same?

Kind regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi,

The memory would work properly at 120 MHz frequency. In the GEN 2 device datasheet we have listed the timing specifications for 200 and 166 MHz operation frequency. If you are looking for 120 MHz operation frequency data you can refer to GEN 1 device datasheets which have the timing specifications for 100 and 133 MHz frequency as well. You can refer that data and decide on the timings as per the specs. (Since there is as such no minimum frequency of operation so device specs were tested at certain standard frequencies and not every frequency)

https://www.cypress.com/file/183506/download

Thanks,

Pradipta.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi,

The memory would work properly at 120 MHz frequency. In the GEN 2 device datasheet we have listed the timing specifications for 200 and 166 MHz operation frequency. If you are looking for 120 MHz operation frequency data you can refer to GEN 1 device datasheets which have the timing specifications for 100 and 133 MHz frequency as well. You can refer that data and decide on the timings as per the specs. (Since there is as such no minimum frequency of operation so device specs were tested at certain standard frequencies and not every frequency)

https://www.cypress.com/file/183506/download

Thanks,

Pradipta.

0 Likes

Hi,

I'll check it.

Thanks a lot!

0 Likes