Garbage data on HyperRAM read

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dkrouze
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted First question asked

Hello,

We are using the S70KL1282 HyperRAM chip with the i.mx rt 1064 and for now we've only been using the IP Bus. We've managed to read all registers on the part shown below: 

FlexRAM Config Reg0 - Die 0: 0x8f2f
FlexRAM Config Reg0 - Die 1: 0x8f2f
FlexRAM Config Reg1 - Die 0: 0xffc1
FlexRAM Config Reg1 - Die 1: 0xffc1
FlexRAM Die Manuf - Die 0: 0x3030
FlexRAM Die Manuf - Die 1: 0x3030
FlexRAM ID Reg0 - Die 0: 0x0c81
FlexRAM ID Reg0 - Die 1: 0x4c81
FlexRAM ID Reg1 - Die 0: 0x0001
FlexRAM ID Reg1 - Die 1: 0x0001

I've hooked up a scope and writing the data all seems correct, however on the read I am always getting 4 bytes of "garbage" data, in this case 0x0051dd5d. I've mostly been trying to read/write from memory address 0, but it seems I always get the "garbage" bytes with any memory address. Any help or suggestions on where to go would be appreciated. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
dkrouze
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the quick reply, after further investigation the MPU on our processor was configured incorrectly. In our case it was configured for a 512MB part, but ours is only 64MB. I'm not exactly sure what caused the bad data, but after fixing the MPU the HyperRAM is working as expected. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Ritwick_S
100 solutions authored 25 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @dkrouze,

> Could you please let us know the complete MPN of the part you are using?
> Could you please let us know the complete sequence of operations you are performing for the read & write operations?
> Please ensure that you are compliant with all the specs mentioned in the datasheet.
> Please share the schematic with us.
> Could you please share the read/write waveforms with us, probing the CS#, CK, RWDS, and DQ lines? Waveforms for both register read/write and memory read/write.
> Also, please share the power-up and power-down waveforms with us.
> On how many devices are you observing this behavior?

Thanks,
Ritwick

0 Likes
dkrouze
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the quick reply, after further investigation the MPU on our processor was configured incorrectly. In our case it was configured for a 512MB part, but ours is only 64MB. I'm not exactly sure what caused the bad data, but after fixing the MPU the HyperRAM is working as expected. 

0 Likes