Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

Hyper Flash Forum Discussions

RafaSarda
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

in S26KL-S/S26KS-S devices, Can DCARS function be disabled by software?

What happens if PSC and PSC# pins are left open circuit?

0 Likes
1 Solution
BushraH_91
250 solutions authored First comment on blog 500 replies posted

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Infineon Community Forum. 

DCARS feature is offered by specific OPN. I don’t think it can be disabled by software on a DCARS device (i.e., I don’t see any register configuration or commands to disable/enable this feature). PSC & PSC# are optional pins only available on DCARS device. They are RFU pins on standard (non-DCARS) device. So on standard device, these two pins don’t need to connect, but on DCARS, they do need to be connected properly.

If you  do not want to use DCARS feature, you may order standard HyperFlash device.  

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
BushraH_91
250 solutions authored First comment on blog 500 replies posted

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Infineon Community Forum. 

DCARS feature is offered by specific OPN. I don’t think it can be disabled by software on a DCARS device (i.e., I don’t see any register configuration or commands to disable/enable this feature). PSC & PSC# are optional pins only available on DCARS device. They are RFU pins on standard (non-DCARS) device. So on standard device, these two pins don’t need to connect, but on DCARS, they do need to be connected properly.

If you  do not want to use DCARS feature, you may order standard HyperFlash device.  

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes