How to erase a specific sector for S26KL series

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GaZh_4623356
Level 1
Level 1

I am using S26KL256S with STM32L4+ processor. I am new in using that IC.

How can i erase a specific sector say sector number 17 (starting sector is zero), bit 47 = 0, bit 46 indicate register space and then?

what should the lower colum address and the row & upper colum address be?

same happens to the check blank.

thanks for help in advance!pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Gang Zhang,

Yes, WBL is the actual memory address (constituted with sector address (Amax - 18) + A17 - A0). Please refer our low level driver for HyperFlash devices. You can refer the implementation of functions to use different features of our HyperFlash from the low level driver to write your application. It is available at: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/low-level-driver-nor-flash?source=search&...​. Low level driver source files for HyperFlash device are available under the folder "Spansion_LLD_Device_v15.3.1\device_specific\S26KSxxxS_S26KLxxxS".

Please feel free to ask if you have any other related queries.

Thanks and Regards,
Sudheesh

View solution in original post

2 Replies
GaZh_4623356
Level 1
Level 1

meanwhile i understand the SA (sector address) is a normal 32bit address and with the 256KB sector size, A0-A17 are ignored, Amax-A18 is considered as sector address.

but still the question, for write to buffer, how does WBL looks like, are they also constituted with sector address e.g. Amax-A18 and then the line A17-A9. The Bits A8-A0 is the position withhin the page. Is this constitution correct?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Hello Gang Zhang,

Yes, WBL is the actual memory address (constituted with sector address (Amax - 18) + A17 - A0). Please refer our low level driver for HyperFlash devices. You can refer the implementation of functions to use different features of our HyperFlash from the low level driver to write your application. It is available at: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/low-level-driver-nor-flash?source=search&...​. Low level driver source files for HyperFlash device are available under the folder "Spansion_LLD_Device_v15.3.1\device_specific\S26KSxxxS_S26KLxxxS".

Please feel free to ask if you have any other related queries.

Thanks and Regards,
Sudheesh