Hall Effect Sensors vs Magnetic Reed Switches

Announcements

Measure CO2 When It Matters - Infineon’s XENSIV™ PAS CO2 now comes in SparkFun Red. Check it now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
FilembarEliJeev
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

I've had terrible experiences with the reed switches. They malfunction regularly. Has anyone used Hall Effect transistor sensors? I'm thinking of using those instead going date forward.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yashraj_P
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hi @FilembarEliJeev ,

Please check out our Omnipolar Hall Switch TLE4931, for use in low-power devices. This should be applicable for switching in presence of a magnet.

Thanks and regards,
Yashraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Yashraj_P

Hi @FilembarEliJeev ,

Here is the link of all the Hall switches from Infineon, where you could go through the product's page.

If you could  share the application for which you want to use the Hall switch, we could suggest a suitable product.

Thanks and regards,

Yashraj

0 Likes
FilembarEliJeev
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

I use reed switches in about a dozen different escape room puzzles. Most of the time, without a hitch. But every once in a while they get "stuck". I can sometimes fix this by putting them in a stronger magnetic field, but ultimately they'll end up sticking again. About 1 in 20 units have this "feature". And it always happens after the puzzle has been in use without an issue for a few weeks.

0 Likes
Yashraj_P

Hi @FilembarEliJeev ,

Please check out our Omnipolar Hall Switch TLE4931, for use in low-power devices. This should be applicable for switching in presence of a magnet.

Thanks and regards,
Yashraj

0 Likes