infineon gan (IGT60R070D1) question.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dk_y
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi, i am using IGT60R070D1 for boost pfc converter.

I am trying to estimate the power losses (switching and conduction losses) before make the system.

The conduction loss is easily calculated, but the switching loss is difficult to calculate because there is an absence of information (ex, Eon and Eoff).

Is there a separate way to receive information about Eon and Eoff?
And doesn't Infineon provide the Plecs simulation tool?

thank you for reading my question.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

We have provided encrypted simulation model for CoolGaN FETs which can be downloaded from following link - https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/gan-hemt-gallium-nitride-transistor/igt60r070d1/#!?fil...

As this is an encrypted model, you should only use Simetrix as the simulation tool.

Switching losses is highly dependent on the driving circuits and several other parameters. It is recommended to find these losses through simulation.

Best regards,
Pranava

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Pranava_YN

Hi,

We have provided encrypted simulation model for CoolGaN FETs which can be downloaded from following link - https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/gan-hemt-gallium-nitride-transistor/igt60r070d1/#!?fil...

As this is an encrypted model, you should only use Simetrix as the simulation tool.

Switching losses is highly dependent on the driving circuits and several other parameters. It is recommended to find these losses through simulation.

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes

Thank you for your reply.

The other devices such as SiC MOSFET provide switching energy (Eon and Eff) according to the drain current in the datasheet.

Is there any plan to provide switching energy in the datasheet later?

Best regards

0 Likes
Pranava_YN

Hi,

Currently I am not aware of any plans of datasheet updates.

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes