supply currents of EiceDRIVER™ 1ED31xxMC12H

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
meakdogan
Level 1
Level 1
First like received 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hello,

I am looking for rated or maximum current of Vcc1 and Vcc2. I have checked datasheet. I only see Quiescent currents (IQ1 and IQ2).

What are the values for supply currents (Icc1 and Icc2)? The datasheet is attached.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Meghana
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hello @meakdogan ,

The secondary side input current of VCC2 (ICC2) would be equal to  Iq2 + the current needed to drive the IGBT or MOSFET. The current required to drive your switching device would depend on your application design i.e., Vgs, Rg, switching frequency etc.,

However, maximum limits for the high level output peak current is specified in the datasheet for certain operating condition and the same has to be considered while designing your gate drive circuit components. 

I'm checking with the internal team for primary side input current value (ICC1) when the inputs are high. I'll update you soon. 

Regards

Meghana

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Meghana

Hello @meakdogan ,

The secondary side input current of VCC2 (ICC2) would be equal to  Iq2 + the current needed to drive the IGBT or MOSFET. The current required to drive your switching device would depend on your application design i.e., Vgs, Rg, switching frequency etc.,

However, maximum limits for the high level output peak current is specified in the datasheet for certain operating condition and the same has to be considered while designing your gate drive circuit components. 

I'm checking with the internal team for primary side input current value (ICC1) when the inputs are high. I'll update you soon. 

Regards

Meghana

Meghana

Hello @meakdogan ,

Iq1 or ICC1, the input current from the primary supply VCC1 will be same as the value provided in the datasheet even while IN+ is high. 

Please let me know if further clarification is needed on this topic. 

Regards

Meghana

meakdogan
Level 1
Level 1
First like received 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Thank you for help. both answers are more clear to me.