queation about 1ED3890MU12M

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
xuesong3
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi, I have some questios about the gate driver '1ED3890MU12M', the product link is: https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/gate-driver-ics/1ed3890mu12m/

After reading the datasheet and manual, I still have two questions about the I2C.

(1) Our control board doesn't have extra I2C interface.  Can this chip work without I2C bus? I noticed that  these configurable parameters  have default values, is it possible to just use it as a normal gate driver chip and skip the configuration process?

(2) After power loss of input side and output side(i.e., power off the whole circuit), will these configured parameters kept in the chip when I power it again?   My idea is to configure parameters with another controller, and I assume these parameters can be kept in this gate driver chip forever. 

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

xuesong wu

0 Likes
1 Solution
Guru_Prasad
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hello @xuesong3 

Thank you for posting your question in Infineon community.

(1) Our control board doesn't have extra I2C interface.  Can this chip work without I2C bus? I noticed that  these configurable parameters  have default values, is it possible to just use it as a normal gate driver chip and skip the configuration process?

Ans: Kindly use below mentioned device for you application. It wont have I2C configuration, it is is having analog configuration. 

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-1ED34x1Mx12M-DataSheet-v01_10-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d46274cf54d50... 

(2) After power loss of input side and output side(i.e., power off the whole circuit), will these configured parameters kept in the chip when I power it again?   My idea is to configure parameters with another controller, and I assume these parameters can be kept in this gate driver chip forever. 

Yes it will be used same values before power shutdown(i.e., power off the whole circuit) if you did not configure any parameters after the power supply was given.

you can use X3-Analog driver instead of  X3-Digital driver it will fit for your application 

Please let me know if you need any help

Thank you 

Guru

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Guru_Prasad
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hello @xuesong3 

Thank you for posting your question in Infineon community.

Ans: Kindly use below mentioned device for you application. It wont have I2C configuration, it is is having analog configuration. 

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-1ED34x1Mx12M-DataSheet-v01_10-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d46274cf54d50... 

Yes it will be used same values before power shutdown(i.e., power off the whole circuit) if you did not configure any parameters after the power supply was given.

you can use X3-Analog driver instead of  X3-Digital driver it will fit for your application 

Please let me know if you need any help

Thank you 

Guru