need help to find 1200V SiC MOSFET driver

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Siang
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First reply posted First question asked

AIMW120R035M1H

I am planning to use a 1200V SiC FET, "AIMW120R035M1H" to construct a full 4 FET bridge for 25kW usage.

But there is not a readily packed single gate driver that can deliver a minimum of 5A sink/source for 1200V SiC directly.

Is that means I need to find single >5A gate driver IC, or use two Half Bridge gate driver IC of >5A instead?

Please comment.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AZIZ_HASSAN
50 likes received 5 likes given 250 sign-ins

Hi,

I hope you mean OUT pin voltage adjustment. Since, the OUT pin has a FET inside whose drain is connected to VCC2 and when you turn ON the FET, the VCC2 comes at OUT pin as Vout of driver. So, to adjust the Vout, you need to change VCC2 value ( you can vary it as per data sheet recommended max. to min. value).

I have attached the image in context to the explanation given above.

AZIZ_HASSAN_0-1662022380758.png

I hope you understood. In case you need further clarifications, then please let me know.

BR,

AZIZ HASSAN

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AZIZ_HASSAN

Hi,

Thank you for posting at Infineon community.

As per your requirement of minimum 5A (peak)sink/source current, I would like to introduce our X3 family gate driver for medium voltage devices including Sic MOSFET.

Please go though the data sheet link which will suffice your requirement.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-1ED332xMC12N-DataSheet-v01_01-EN.pdf?fileId=8ac78c8c7ddc01d70...

Its a single channel isolated GD IC.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

BR,

AZIZ HASSAN

0 Likes

Hi,

May I know any update on this topic.

BR,

AZIZ HASSAN

0 Likes

Thank you Aziz.

I just saw your reply today and reading the datasheet. 

A glance on it seems very close to the specs of AIMW120R035M1H. 

I will check further with simulation if this gate series work well or not before further question.

0 Likes

Hi Aziz,

The datasheet did not say how to adjust the V out of driver... where can we get "how to use info" from Infineon? Analog and Linear Tech usually provide such info in datasheet....

0 Likes
AZIZ_HASSAN

Hi,

I hope you mean OUT pin voltage adjustment. Since, the OUT pin has a FET inside whose drain is connected to VCC2 and when you turn ON the FET, the VCC2 comes at OUT pin as Vout of driver. So, to adjust the Vout, you need to change VCC2 value ( you can vary it as per data sheet recommended max. to min. value).

I have attached the image in context to the explanation given above.

AZIZ_HASSAN_0-1662022380758.png

I hope you understood. In case you need further clarifications, then please let me know.

BR,

AZIZ HASSAN