Gate Driver ICs Forum Discussions
We are building a schmetics with IR2183S + IRF1010E. The 1,4A current is not reaching the mosfet gate, according to the datasheet. The cuurent is much smaller. We aren´t understanding why.
Can someone help me?
Hello Forum members, overall I'm working on a single-phase full bridge inverter, but before I implement the full bridge I wanted to start with a simpler circuit. Below I have a circuit diagram of the half-bridge circuit I'm using. And I'm trying to drive the MOSFETs using the IRS21084 HALF-BRIDGE DRIVER. I’ve looked at and followed the advice of some of the design and application sheets from Infineon on how to implement the circuitry of the gate driver, but I'm having a major issue. The issue is that I'm getting an output voltage of about 15V at the High-side gate driver output(HO) and about 6V from the Low-side gate driver output(LO). If I'm not mistaken the correct output should be the same for both the high and low sides. This is troublesome because the low-side output voltage is not going to be able to turn on the low-side MOSFET and overall the half-bridge won't work.
The following is a brief explanation of how I have set up and configured the IRS21084 HALF-BRIDGE DRIVER.
- I’m providing a constant 15V with the LM317 for the supply voltage (VCC)
- Im using the teensy 3.5 microcontroller to provide a PWM input at 20kHz for both the HIN and LIN pins.
- I’m using a 100k ohm resistor for the dead time.
- For the bootstrap diode, I'm using the UF4007 from Vishay. It has a reverse recovery time of 75ns and a voltage drop(Vf) of 1.7V.
- For the bootstrap capacitor, I followed the DT04-04 application sheet from Infenion called ‘ Using Monolithic High Voltage Gate Drivers ’ and ended up with a capacitor value of 2.2 micro-farads. I used a ceramic capacitor.
- For both the decoupling capacitor, and the bypass capacitor, I couldn't find any information on how to determine the values for them, so I used the same value capacitor from the bootstrap, for both decoupling and the bypass capacitor.
Also, how do I determine the values of Vge-min and Vce-on for my circuit? For the bootstrap circuit do I need to include a bootstrap resister if so, how would determine the value for it? I used ceramic capacitors for all three capacitors, does that affect the circuit in any way or do I use different types of capacitors for the decoupling or bypass capacitors?
Lastly below are the provided datasheets of the components I'm usingShow Less
Hi Experts ,
Good Day ,
Can you please help me to find out any official notification released from Infineon to take back the parts from customers because of some manufacturing issue or any ?
MPN : IR2214SSTRPBF DC 2206
COO : MALAYSIA Diffused in USA , Assembled in Malaysia.
Kindy seeking valuable support to accept the parts.
I'm looking for a similar part to a MIC5021 to switch a 50V rail. Is the IRS2127S capable of continuous, 100% duty cycle to high-side switch an NMOS? There is no mention of a boost converter in the datasheet, and I'm a little lost on how to use the part (RF engineer, not power).
How calculate the gate resistor and bootstrap resistor and bootstrap capacitor to example above?
This example is on site Infineon, IR2183S -> application note -> simulation tools -> SIMULATE ON-LINE
Deadtime = 500nS
Thank you very much if you can help me!
Walmir SantosShow Less
I want to use the driver board 2ED300C17-S to control the turn-off of the IGBT in the following short circuit operation of SiC MOSFET.
When the short current reaches 600A, the IGBT is switched-off quickly in order to avoid SiC MOSFET explosion.
how should I set the Rsx and Csx of the driver board 2ED300C17-S to realize the turn-off the IGBT within tens of nanoseconds when the short-circuit current reachs 600A?
short circuit operation:
Short-circuit current in case of thermal runaway if there is no control: