an exception of 1ED3890

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
fuqiang
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First solution authored

During the operation of 1ED3890, it was found that the IC address(0x00) could not be written. Reading the PINSTAT register(0x2b) shows: FLT=0. RDYC=0, IN=0, but using an oscilloscope to test, the IN is 3.3v. I don't know what will cause such an exception?

Use an oscilloscope to observe the i2c writing process. The IC address(0xd)and register address(0x0) are acked by 1ED3890, but the first data is not acked , the I2C process stops at this point.

any help?

0 Likes
1 Solution

After repeated tests, the possible cause was found: the address needs to be modified to a non initial value before I2CCFGOK can be modified

Thank you, Happy New Year!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
fuqiang
Level 1
Level 1

After modifying the code, FLT is changed to 1, and the result is the same.

0 Likes
Rachel_G
50 likes received 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi  

First of all, please check if VCC1 and VCC2 are normal. And check if the DESAT pin reaches DESAT threshold level, e.g., 9.18 V, which may lead gate driver IC switches FLT_N pin to low to indicate the fault to a connected microcontroller. And you can also try to start-up and fault clearing by referring to the page11 in the datasheet.

Here is the link of datasheet: https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-1ED38x0Mx12M-DataSheet-v01_10-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d46274cf54d50...

Best regards,

Rachel

0 Likes
fuqiang
Level 1
Level 1

I modified the mcu code. At present, FLT is high. The oscilloscope shows that FLT is 3.3v and IN is 3.3v. However, the register cannot be written ,but it can be read. The information read from pinstat(0x2b) is FLT=1, RDY=0, IN=0

The problem is the same as before

0 Likes
Rachel_G
50 likes received 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi   ,

When FLT=1, RDY=0, IN=0, the IC transition to not ready and static not ready state, and the output is tri-state. Please check if VEE2 over GND2, it may lead to a not ready state. Could you please share your schematic in order to further analysis? In addition, you can change another IC, see if the same situation will occur?

Best regards,

Rachel

0 Likes

After repeated tests, the possible cause was found: the address needs to be modified to a non initial value before I2CCFGOK can be modified

Thank you, Happy New Year!

0 Likes