What's the difference between 1EDc(certified insulation ) and 1EDi (galvanic insulation) ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jhy
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

hi , fine today

What's the difference between 1EDc(certified insulation ) and 1EDi (galvanic insulation) ?

please send me good idea

0 Likes
1 Solution
Jingwei
250 sign-ins 10 likes given 100 solutions authored

Hi,

You can find it in this way. In attached Selection Guide page 12 is a table containing the information you need to find. You can determine the isolation rating of the corresponding product based on the typical values of the input and output currents, the voltage class and the type of isolation. For example, 1EDI05I12AH is functional isolation, the voltage class is 1200V, the typ. Io+/Io- is 1.3A/0.9A. Then the voltage rating is VISO = ± 1200 V.

BR,

Steven

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Jingwei

Hi,

Firstly both use Infineon's CT isolation technology. 1EDC is a UL1577 certified driver and 1EDI is an galvanic insulated driver. Please refer to the attached pages 7 and 9 and the UL1577 standard for details.  Please let me know if you need more help.

BR,

Steven

0 Likes
jhy
Level 1
Level 1

thanks for your teaching

that mean, electrical spec is same 1EDc and 1EDi

but 1EDc is certified by the UL

0 Likes
Jingwei

Hi,

You could say they use the same technology (coreless transformer). However, there may be differences in specific electrical properties, such as isolation type, isolation rating or peak drive current.

Steven

0 Likes
jhy
Level 1
Level 1

thanks , thanks

I have a datasheet of AN2014-06 1EDC/1EDI Compact family technical description.

this datasheet don't have a isolation rating, peak drive current.

where can I find this.

0 Likes
Jingwei

Hi, this AN e includes an explanation of general gate driver input and output features, and
a description of how to use them in an application. It also contains peak drive current, which is called Min. peak output current in the documentation. Please refer to the datasheet of each driver for the specific isolation parameters, which will be described in detail. For example: 

Jingwei_0-1641779075222.png

BR, 

Steven

0 Likes
jhy
Level 1
Level 1

thanks your kindness

1EDCxxH12AH datasheet has Table 10 of isolation parameters,

but 1EDIxxH12AH datasheet don't have it.

0 Likes
Jingwei

Hi,

You can find it in this way. In attached Selection Guide page 12 is a table containing the information you need to find. You can determine the isolation rating of the corresponding product based on the typical values of the input and output currents, the voltage class and the type of isolation. For example, 1EDI05I12AH is functional isolation, the voltage class is 1200V, the typ. Io+/Io- is 1.3A/0.9A. Then the voltage rating is VISO = ± 1200 V.

BR,

Steven

0 Likes