VIN spec on half bridge driver IR2184

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Rusty1
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

The IR2184 half bridge driver has a Vin spec of Vss +5 for absolute max and Vss + 4 for the recommended operation.  This is confusing with a description of being "5V input logic compatible". 

My design uses open drain logic with a 1K pull up to 5V.  Input current is 25 to 60uA so the pull up could be increased to provide a voltage drop.  A 20K would provide a 0.50 to 1.2V drop which would decrease the input voltage to (5- 0.50) 4.5V to (5-1.2) 3.8V.  Is this the appropriate solution or am I misunderstanding the Vin spec?  Thanks  

0 Likes
1 Solution
AZIZ_HASSAN
50 likes received 5 likes given 250 sign-ins

Hi,

I hope your query is cleared. Is there any other way I can help you or shall I close the ticket.

BR,

AZIZ HASSAN

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AZIZ_HASSAN

Hi,

Thank you for posting at Infineon community.

I understood your concern and as per the values given ( minimum 3.8 V) , the IC input will work fine since the IC is compatible with 3.3 V and 5 V both as long as you keep the input current in limits.

I hope you understood.

AZIZ_HASSAN_0-1646932652150.png

BR,

AZIZ HASSAN

0 Likes

Hi Aziz,  Understood, thanks for the reply.  Bryan

0 Likes
AZIZ_HASSAN

Hi,

I hope your query is cleared. Is there any other way I can help you or shall I close the ticket.

BR,

AZIZ HASSAN

0 Likes