TLE92104

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gingpeakin
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

I'm trying to communicate with a TLE92104 eval kit. I have the uIO stick and it's fine with that.

I can't write to any of the registers because the device is in fail safe mode.  sending 0xE3 0x00 0x00 to clear the GENSTAT register which replies when I send 0xE2 with alternately 0x0C 0x01 and 0x00 0x01.. I'm not sure why the 0x0C is there and I can see that there is a charge pump undervoltage as it is not running.  What else do I need to do to initialise this device?  I think I have allowed enough time for the EN pin to be asserted and I have left sufficient time between CS asserts. (20uS)

Ging

0 Likes
1 Solution
SuhasBobade
100 sign-ins 50 replies posted 25 solutions authored

Hi,

Thanks for posting on the Infineon community.

In case of a watchdog error, the device enters Fail Safe Mode. During Fail Safe Mode, the charge pump is deactivated and CPUV is set. 

Kindly click on "Reset Button" present on config Wizard of Multi Mosfet driver GUI. This will reset all the registers and clear all the faults.

Kindly share screenshot of General Status and Global status registers in the GUI during fault condition.

SuhasBobade_0-1669096416870.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
SuhasBobade

Hi,

Thanks for posting on the Infineon community.

In case of a watchdog error, the device enters Fail Safe Mode. During Fail Safe Mode, the charge pump is deactivated and CPUV is set. 

Kindly click on "Reset Button" present on config Wizard of Multi Mosfet driver GUI. This will reset all the registers and clear all the faults.

Kindly share screenshot of General Status and Global status registers in the GUI during fault condition.

SuhasBobade_0-1669096416870.png

0 Likes

Hi Suhas

The reset button does indeed clear the fault conditions but I am not going to use the uIO syick and its GUI in the final product. I need to know what the reset button does to initialise the driver.  The log file that can be generated contains an enormous amount of data which is quite difficult to understand.

I need to know how to start up the driver from power up - once it is running I have no problem controlling it.

Thanks

Ging

0 Likes
SuhasBobade

Hi Ging,

First, you need to disable the watchdog. Steps to disable the watchdog is given in section 1.5 of the document in the below link.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-Frequently-asked-questions-for-TLE9210x-FAQDocument-v01_30-EN...

then clear the GENSTAT resistor.

0 Likes