Announcements

The EV market is bigger and better than ever. Join the EV Webinar to find out how you could best utiilize Gate Driver ICs for EVs.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

Gate Driver ICs Forum Discussions

Gaurav1987
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First reply posted First question asked

Hello,

I am looking for SPI demo code for TLE6208-6G. 

Please share demo code to check the functionality of drivers. 

Also,  How i  can create non-overlap dead time for switching ? is it already imposed in IC or do i need to do some modification in Firmware code?

Thanks,

Gaurav

0 Likes
1 Solution
Xiangrui
50 solutions authored First question asked 50 sign-ins

Hi Gaurav,

please test TLE6028-6G with Config Wizard which can be downloaded in Infineon developer Toolbox.

With this link you can find user manual of Config Wizard Tool: https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-User_Guide_fo_Config_Wizard_Tool_for_MOTIX_multi_half-bridge_... 

Best regards,

Xiangrui

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Xiangrui

Hi Gaurav,

please test TLE6028-6G with Config Wizard which can be downloaded in Infineon developer Toolbox.

With this link you can find user manual of Config Wizard Tool: https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-User_Guide_fo_Config_Wizard_Tool_for_MOTIX_multi_half-bridge_... 

Best regards,

Xiangrui

Hi Xiangrui,

Thanks for your response!!

Just one query that do we need to make changes in Firmware or it is already imposed in output of Half-bridge driver?

Thanks,

Gaurav

0 Likes
Xiangrui

Hi Gaurav,

Normally dead time is set by MCU instead of by driver.

The dead time depends on the generated PWM by MCU. The imposed dead time (t_DHL/t_DLH) in driver is mainly for protection. So, you may have to make changes in MCU for expected deadtime.

BR,

Xiangrui

Hi Xiangrui,

Thanks a lot for sharing this information.

We are going to use NCV7723B driver IC in place of TLE6208-6G.  Do we need to set dead time at TI MCU(ARM 32BIT) side for the same? Please advice

One more query that how we can identify the current shoot-through problem in driver IC?

Thanks,

Gaurav

0 Likes