Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mukeshp11
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins First like received First reply posted

Hello All,

We are using 1ED020I12-F2 gate driver for driving three phase inverter with 6 IGBT modules and each IGBT module is being driven by 1ED020I12-F2 gate driver.

We are using single (i.e. unipolar power supply) of +15V. I am assuming that as this IC has feature of Active miller clamp which will prevent dv/dt turn on failure and hence there is no need to give bipolar i.e. -ve  supply also.  Am i correct with this?

Question is as we have not used negative power supply is it ok ? or do you have use cases with 1ED020I12-F2 gate driver with only positive power supply and up to what rating of IGBT module.

Pls suggest.

Regards,

Mukesh

Regards,

Mukesh

0 Likes
1 Solution
yifei_y
25 likes received 100 solutions authored 100 sign-ins

Hi Mukesh,

The active miller clamp function prevents parasitic turn-on caused by miller capacitance, so there is no problem if 0V/15V unipolar power supply is used. As an example you can refer to the eval board .

Active miller clamp is designed for miller current up to 2A. If ICLAMP exceeds 2A you can choose other driver ICs with CLAMPDRV to boost clamp current, like 1ED34x1MC12M

View solution in original post

1 Reply
yifei_y
25 likes received 100 solutions authored 100 sign-ins

Hi Mukesh,

The active miller clamp function prevents parasitic turn-on caused by miller capacitance, so there is no problem if 0V/15V unipolar power supply is used. As an example you can refer to the eval board .

Active miller clamp is designed for miller current up to 2A. If ICLAMP exceeds 2A you can choose other driver ICs with CLAMPDRV to boost clamp current, like 1ED34x1MC12M