[P/N: 2EDF7275K] Isolated Gate Driver Power Supply for non-Infineon MOSFET

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kagarwal37
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hi,

I'm new to gate driver designing and I'm trying to design a gate driver for this MOSFET: Vishay SISS08DN MOSFET (Datasheet: https://www.vishay.com/docs/76780/siss08dn.pdf)

I'm already using the Infineon 2EDF7275K  for a different application and using the same gate driver IC will greatly simplify my design.

How can I use this gate driver IC for the above mentioned MOSFET, considering that this is a not an Infineon product?

For example, hypothetically, if I already have a gate driver circuit design for this IC for a specific source and sink current, can I use the same design if the total gate charge, source current, and sink current specifications remain the same?

Any advice I can get on the above questions would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Kartavya Agarwal.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Jingwei
250 sign-ins 10 likes given 100 solutions authored

Hi,

thanks for using Infineon community.

You can drive other company's MOSFET by using Infineon's gate driver.

But before using this gate driver. Some parameters need to be checked. 

1. UVLO voltage. Make sure that output voltage of driver is greater than UVLO voltage of the driver.

2. Calculate the iG and IGmax by using iG=Qgtotal/tr and IGmax=Vdriver/Rg_Total, make sure these two values below the data from our driver's datasheet.

3. Modification of the R during laboratory verification to meet the dudt, EMI, thermal behavior and other application requirements.

4. Make sure no parasitic turn on.

5. Calculate the Power loss of Rg and driver. Verify power dissipation against datasheet values.

If you have further questions, feel free to reply.

Best regards,

Steven

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Jingwei
250 sign-ins 10 likes given 100 solutions authored

Hi,

thanks for using Infineon community.

You can drive other company's MOSFET by using Infineon's gate driver.

But before using this gate driver. Some parameters need to be checked. 

1. UVLO voltage. Make sure that output voltage of driver is greater than UVLO voltage of the driver.

2. Calculate the iG and IGmax by using iG=Qgtotal/tr and IGmax=Vdriver/Rg_Total, make sure these two values below the data from our driver's datasheet.

3. Modification of the R during laboratory verification to meet the dudt, EMI, thermal behavior and other application requirements.

4. Make sure no parasitic turn on.

5. Calculate the Power loss of Rg and driver. Verify power dissipation against datasheet values.

If you have further questions, feel free to reply.

Best regards,

Steven

0 Likes