Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WalmirSantos
Level 2
Level 2
First like received 10 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hello Guys,

We are building  a schmetics with IR2183S + IRF1010E. The 1,4A current is not reaching the mosfet gate, according to the datasheet. The cuurent is much smaller. We aren´t understanding why.

Can someone help me?

Thanks,

Walmir

0 Likes
1 Solution
Meghana
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hello @WalmirSantos ,

Yes. Your understanding is correct. Maximum output source current on HO pin is typ 210mA (min -130mA) @Vo=0V & Vbias=15V. For different Vbias condition, the output source current can be derived from the characteristic graph provided in Figure 22B in the device datasheet. Vbias condition in your simulation would be different, hence you are observing different Io+ value. 

Regards

Meghana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Meghana

Hello @WalmirSantos ,

Can you please let us know what are the drive voltage levels and  Rg value used in your design?

Regards

Meghana

0 Likes

Hello Guys,

VCC=15V and Rg=4.7ohms

We are using the simulator Infineon and We had a output current on IR2104 Igh=300mA (peake) and Igh=262mA (nominal), but in datasheet We have a nominal current IO+=210mA (output high short circuit pulsed current.

Is it correct?

Thanks,

Walmir Santos

0 Likes
Meghana

Hello Walmir,

Let me try the simulation on my end. Will get back with the results. 

Regards

Meghana

0 Likes

Thank you very much.

The IR2104 drains on your HO only 130 mA for charge. This is my doubt.

0 Likes
Meghana

Hello @WalmirSantos ,

Yes. Your understanding is correct. Maximum output source current on HO pin is typ 210mA (min -130mA) @Vo=0V & Vbias=15V. For different Vbias condition, the output source current can be derived from the characteristic graph provided in Figure 22B in the device datasheet. Vbias condition in your simulation would be different, hence you are observing different Io+ value. 

Regards

Meghana

0 Likes

Meghana

Thank you very much