Lower the PWM input voltage of the 1EDN71x6G

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Acherme
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello everyone, I'm currently using the 1EDN7116G to drive GaNFETs, and I must lower the PWM input voltage. The PWM is generated by an IRS2452AM (referenced to -B) and has an amplitude of 12V. As the 1EDN7116G PWM input voltage must be 5V or 3.3V, I wanted to lower it by using a voltage divider like this :

Infineon 2.PNG

However, i don't know if it's a good idea since it alters the TDI input resistor symmetry. So my question is : is a using a voltage divider OK (and what resistor values should I choose) or must I find another way to lower the voltage ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
sushank
25 solutions authored 100 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Hi there, 

you can use voltage divider, for reducing the pulse voltage. however you need to check +IN, pin current requirement it should not be underloaded. if it is underloaded than you can try combination with reduced resistors value. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
sushank
25 solutions authored 100 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Hi there, 

you can use voltage divider, for reducing the pulse voltage. however you need to check +IN, pin current requirement it should not be underloaded. if it is underloaded than you can try combination with reduced resistors value. 

0 Likes
Acherme
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello, and thanks for your answer sushank. Unfortunatly there are no information about IN+ and IN- pins current requirements in the datasheet. But knowing that I can use a voltage divider is a good thing, I will try different values. 

0 Likes