Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Youcef_RZ
Level 1
Level 1
5 likes given 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to seek clarification regarding a specification mentioned in the datasheet of the IR2109(4)(S) component. Specifically, I am interested in understanding the meaning of the "VOFFSET = 600V max." specification listed in the datasheet. Could you please provide further information or clarification regarding this parameter? Upon conducting initial research, I encountered information suggesting that this specification indicates the electrical isolation capability of the IR2109(4)(S), allowing it to withstand voltages of up to 600 volts. Consequently, it implies that the component can be safely utilized in applications where high voltages are required, such as the control of MOSFETs or IGBTs in high-voltage configurations. Could you confirm whether this interpretation is accurate or provide any additional insights into the significance of the VOFFSET specification in the context of the IR2109(4)(S) component? Thank you in advance for your assistance. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Best regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
yifei_y
250 sign-ins 250 replies posted 25 likes received

Hello Youcef_RZ, the VOFFSET is defined as the difference between Vs and COM:

VOFFSET = Vs - COM

The bus voltage is up to 600V, when high-side switch is on and low side side switch is off, the VOFFSET reaches its maximum value 600V.

yifei_y_0-1711075362296.png

Regards,

YF

View solution in original post

1 Reply
yifei_y
250 sign-ins 250 replies posted 25 likes received

Hello Youcef_RZ, the VOFFSET is defined as the difference between Vs and COM:

VOFFSET = Vs - COM

The bus voltage is up to 600V, when high-side switch is on and low side side switch is off, the VOFFSET reaches its maximum value 600V.

yifei_y_0-1711075362296.png

Regards,

YF