Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Youcef_RZ
Level 1
Level 1
5 likes given 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently in the process of evaluating the IR2109(4)(S) driver for an upcoming project and have a specific inquiry regarding its operational capabilities.

I am interested in determining the maximum frequency at which the IR2109(4)(S) driver can reliably operate. Could you please provide guidance on how I can ascertain this information? Are there any specifications or guidelines available in the datasheet or technical documentation that outline the maximum frequency range for this driver?

Your assistance in providing clarity on this matter would be immensely helpful as it will aid in determining the suitability of the IR2109(4)(S) driver for my application.

Thank you for your attention to this inquiry. I look forward to your response.

Best regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Below is the equation used for calculating the power loss in driver .

AZIZ_HASSAN_0-1711350008825.png

Where, Qg= switch charge, Fsw= operating switching frequency, Rg int= drivber internal resistance and Rg ext= external resistance gate .

Thanks,

AZIZ

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AZIZ_HASSAN
50 likes received 5 likes given 250 sign-ins

Hello,

The maximum switching frequency of driver IC depends upon its thermal loss. As per the operating condition, if the losses are too high (example- if the operating frequency is too high) that it damages the device thermally then thats the limit for the driver.

Thanks and regards,

AZIZ

0 Likes

Hello,

Below is the equation used for calculating the power loss in driver .

AZIZ_HASSAN_0-1711350008825.png

Where, Qg= switch charge, Fsw= operating switching frequency, Rg int= drivber internal resistance and Rg ext= external resistance gate .

Thanks,

AZIZ

0 Likes

Hello,

Any update please on the solution given.

Thanks and regards,

AZIZ

0 Likes