IRS21877S Altium/ngspice Simulation Error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
CaelebMcKee
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello there,

I am attempting to run a Altium SPICE simulation with the SPICE model for the IRS21876S, and I'm encountering a few errors. I keep getting a PWL  error about an ngspice expression not being a constant. This confused me since there is no PWL source in the model. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the model or Altium, but I thought I'd post this here to help track down the issue. I've included a screenshot of the error messages with this post. 

Altium/ngspice Error MessagesAltium/ngspice Error Messages

0 Likes
1 Solution
1211Shukla
100 replies posted 10 likes received 25 solutions authored

Hi Caeleb,

I tried to simulate Pspice Model of IRS21867S (driver) with the mosfet model IPW60R017C7 in a half bridge PWM converter configuration  in ltspice environment and the model is working absolutely fine. Thus I can assure you that it will work fine in any of Pspice or ltspice environment. ltspice is a open source tool, you can download it and simulate your circuit. I would still not comment about ngspice, whether the model will work well there or not!

Please revert in case of any query

Regards,

Rishabh S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
1211Shukla

Hi,

Can you share me the simulation model.

Regards,

Rishabh S

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Attached is a pdf file with the SPICE model I am using. 

Thanks,

Caeleb

0 Likes
1211Shukla

Hi Caeleb,

I tried to simulate Pspice Model of IRS21867S (driver) with the mosfet model IPW60R017C7 in a half bridge PWM converter configuration  in ltspice environment and the model is working absolutely fine. Thus I can assure you that it will work fine in any of Pspice or ltspice environment. ltspice is a open source tool, you can download it and simulate your circuit. I would still not comment about ngspice, whether the model will work well there or not!

Please revert in case of any query

Regards,

Rishabh S

0 Likes

Rishabh,

Thank you very much for the help! I'll switch to ltspice for this task.

Regards,

Caeleb

0 Likes