Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KULCU
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

2EDB9259Y, 2EDB8259F, 2EDR9259X, 2EDR8259X, 2EDR8259H can IGBT be driven with any of these products?

What is the difference between IGBT isolated gate driver and MOSFET isolated gate driver?

When I examine similar products from other companies, almost all of them say that they are suitable for driving isolated gate drivers, IGBT and MOSFET. When I go to the infineon.com gate driver selection page (2 channel isolated gate driver), only 3 appear.

thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SivaBommadevara
50 replies posted 25 solutions authored 50 sign-ins

Dear @KULCU ,

Greetings from Infineon.

The major difference between IGBT driver & Mosfet Drivers are Desat protection feature.

For driving mosfet it is not mandatory to use.

But for driving the IGBT it is must to have otherwise we cannot protect IGBT from OL/SC events.

please check this part which can suit for your requirement 2ED020I12-F2.
if you want to use 1 channel, we have multiple options, you may please go through the below link.

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/gate-driver-ics/high-side-drivers/?filterValues=~(608~...

Thank you.

Best regards,

Siva Naga Malleswararao.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SivaBommadevara
50 replies posted 25 solutions authored 50 sign-ins

Dear @KULCU ,

Greetings from Infineon.

The major difference between IGBT driver & Mosfet Drivers are Desat protection feature.

For driving mosfet it is not mandatory to use.

But for driving the IGBT it is must to have otherwise we cannot protect IGBT from OL/SC events.

please check this part which can suit for your requirement 2ED020I12-F2.
if you want to use 1 channel, we have multiple options, you may please go through the below link.

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/gate-driver-ics/high-side-drivers/?filterValues=~(608~...

Thank you.

Best regards,

Siva Naga Malleswararao.