IGBT Driver

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Vaibhav
Level 1
Level 1
5 likes given 5 sign-ins First like received
I am designing IGBT driver circuit using 1ED3461MU-12m i have to clear some points regarding the IC. 
1. I have selected ADJA (28K) whose Icsoff =466mA, that means the gate charge will discharge through Rg to VEE with 466mA current. Please Confirm. 2. During DeSAT Fault condition, Soft off time (tCTSOOS + tCTT) will start after Tdesatout and if the soft off timeout happens then it will hard switch off through clamp pin. Please confirm. 3. Can we reduce Soft off time (tCTSOOS + tCTT) ? 

Please review our points and confirm that our understanding is right.
1 Solution
Guru_Prasad
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hello @Vaibhav 

The Active clamp MOSFET  should be selected  based on the below parameters

1)MOSFET voltages and currents(Drain and gate) should be checked.

2)The peak current should be checked while it is turned ON. The peak current will depend on your IGBT gate

charge and gate supply voltages. The peak current can be checked in the FBSOA of your external MOSFET.

Please let me know your IGBT charge and driver supply voltage based on that we decide whether the  Si2318CDS

MOSFET will fit or not for your application.

Thank you

Guru

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Guru_Prasad

Hello @Vaibhav 

Thanks for posting your question in the Infineon community.

1. I have selected ADJA (28K) whose Icsoff =466mA, that means the gate charge will discharge through Rg to VEE with 466mA current. Please Confirm

YES, The gate charge current will discharge through Rg to VEE with 466mA while ADJA is 28k Ohm

2. During DeSAT Fault condition, Soft off time (tCTSOOS + tCTT) will start after Tdesatout and if the soft off timeout happens then it will hard switch off through clamp pin. Please confirm. 

Yes, During DeSAT Fault condition, Soft off time (tCTSOOS + tCTT) will start after Tdesatout and if the soft off timeout happens then it will hard switch (tCTT) off through clamp pin.

3. Can we reduce Soft off time (tCTSOOS + tCTT) ? 

No, those cannot be reduced because  those are fixed values.

Please let me know if you need any help.

Thanks

Guru

Vaibhav
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Guru,

Is there any criteria for selection of Active clamp Mosfet? Now, I have selected Si2318CDS MOSFET.

Is it ok for 1ED3461?

0 Likes
Guru_Prasad

Hello @Vaibhav 

The Active clamp MOSFET  should be selected  based on the below parameters

1)MOSFET voltages and currents(Drain and gate) should be checked.

2)The peak current should be checked while it is turned ON. The peak current will depend on your IGBT gate

charge and gate supply voltages. The peak current can be checked in the FBSOA of your external MOSFET.

Please let me know your IGBT charge and driver supply voltage based on that we decide whether the  Si2318CDS

MOSFET will fit or not for your application.

Thank you

Guru

Vaibhav
Level 1
Level 1

IGBT : SEMiX305GD07E4 and Driver supply is +15V and -9V bipolar supply.

Please check and suggest 

0 Likes
Guru_Prasad

Hello @Vaibhav 

The Si2318CDS MOSFET can be used as an Active clamp MOSFET for SEMiX305GD07E4 with driver supply of Driver supply is  +15V and -9V. 

Thank you

Guru

0 Likes